Given the temperatures we've got in the south of the UK at the moment, snow is definitely wishful thinking! But maybe my latest project will help you cool down a little. :o) I've made this gorgeous little Gift Tag for the present I'm buying for my office "Secret Santa" lucky dip.
My base card is from Kraft card, which was actually a pre-made card blank purchased from Hobbycraft. I chose the tag shape on the Teddy Surprise and Butterflies Embossing Board together with my Ultimate Pro (both from Crafter's Companion) and embossed the largest size and it's border onto my Kraft card. I then embossed the border size onto my Mat and Layer card. For this I used a sheet of Centura Pearl 300gsm card in the shade Christmas Red. This came from the Christmas pack which is available from Crafter's Companion. I just love the pearly sheen on this card, so I decided not to use any extra backing papers.
This lovely snowman is a Digi Stamp which was one of the goodies in Paulette's Create with TLC December Club . Unfortunately this offer has now finished, but I can thoroughly recommend following Paulette's blog and signing up for this club next autumn. I used my Spectrum Noir Pens (from Crafter's Companion) in the following colours to bring my snowman to life:
Hat - 96,91,48
Nose - 24
Scarf - 14,11
Jacket - 48,43
Star - 34
Outline - CG1
I then cut carefully around my image and mounted it onto the red card using sticky pads. My TOP TIP here is to cut in an anti-clockwise direction if you're right handed (clockwise for left handers) and then you can always see the border/line you're cutting out. This will minimise the risk of cutting the wrong part of your image!
My sentiment is another digi-goodie from the Create with TLC December Club which I sized to go with my tag and the ribbon is beautiful double satin called Holiday Green - this came from Fantastic Ribbons and was part of Annette's Birthday Blog Candy which I won last month. Thanks Annette! :o) I mounted the sentiment onto the ribbon so it will swing and then used the bow maker part of my Ultimate Pro to make the gorgeous little bow, which I then fixed to the ribbon above the sentiment. I completed my project by tying a further length of the ribbon through a hole which I had punched in the top of the gift tag.
I would like to enter this project into the following challenges:
- Challenge #84 "Let It Snow" at Craft Your Passion Challenges
- Challenge #60 - Tags at Top Tip Tuesday
- "When is a card not a card. When it's a ..." Gift Tag at Papertake Weekly Challenge
- Challenge #120 Tic Tac Toe (Bingo) at Incy Wincy Designs I've got a diagonal of Red, Any Christmas Sentiment and Ribbons
- Monthly Challenge of Holiday/Winter Projects at The Stamping Boutique Challenge Blog
- Challenge #83 Colour Combo of Red and Green at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges
- Challenge 18 "Let It Snow Let It Snow Let It Snow" at Crafter's Companion Monthly Challenge
- Challenge 148 Festive Cheer - Traditional Colours (Red & Green) at The Crafty Pad