Firstly, I must apologise for not having 'blogged' last week - my other half was at home on my days off, which kind of cramped "my style" and definitely my ability to craft! So I've got alot to catch up with this week. Here is my first card of the week:
I've done another joy-fold (J-fold) card this time as a square, although I messed up the dimensions, so the lower flap is slightly narrower than it should be. Oops!
My card recipe is as follows:
- Card stock for base is 300gsm Centura Pearl in Snow White and image is printed onto Neenah Classic Crest card, both available from Crafter's Companion
- The very cute digi-stamp is called Little Penguin Winter, available from Bugaboo Stamps
- Little Penguin has been brought to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens (from Crafter's Companion) in the following colours:
- Body - 120
- Beak - 33
- Hat - 84, 82
- Boots - 82, 81
- Snow - 144, 0 (Colourless Blender)
- The octagonal and circular shapes have been embossed using the "nest" of circles on the embossing board Springtime Sweets and Cupcake Treats which I used with my Ultimate Pro, both from Crafter's Companion. I then cut these shapes out and mounted them on the top flap of the card.
- The backing papers came from The Snowman Papercrafting CD-Rom (Crafter's Companion again!)
- Snowflakes were punched from the Snow White Centura Pearl Card using 2 different sizes of punch, available from Hobbycraft
- The sentiment on the inside of the card (I couldn't fit anything else onto the outside of the card!) is from the wonderfully generous Paulette at Create With TLC. (This has to be my second favourite site after CC! :o) Lots of smiles!) The sentiment is perfect for the occasion as this card is for my 6 month old niece who is celebrating her first Christmas. Awhhhh!
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
- Challenge #124 with a Bingo Twist at Tuesday Morning Sketches - my Bingo is the right side vertical line of Funky Christmas Colours (Purple and Pink), Embossing (Shapes), Snowflakes (punched and on one of my BPs)
- Challenge #1 - Celebrate (Baby's First Christmas) at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenges
- Challenge #7 - Use a Sentiment at The Cutie Pie Challenge
- Challenge #43 - Winter Holiday Sentiments at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog
- Challenge #164 - All Creatures Great and Small at The Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
- "I'm Dreaming of a Lilac (My Fave Colour!) Christmas at Papertake Weekly Challenge
- Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow Challenge (snowflakes punched and on one of my BPs) at Winter Wonderland Challenge
- Challenge 19 - New Beginnings at Crafter's Companion Monthly Challenge
- Holiday/Winter Projects at The Stamping Boutique Challenge Blog
I hope you like my card.
Hugs, Helen x