Hope you're all enjoying the fine spring weather that we seem to have at the moment ... it sure makes for a brighter day! Just a quick post from me this evening, as I realised I haven't posted for a week now :o(
This is the card I made for my husband's Birthday, which he celebrated at the weekend:
I wanted the card to be bold and masculine, and I think I've achieved that result!
My Card Recipe is as follows:
- Base card - 300gsm Centura Pearl Black (part of the Darks pack from Crafter's Companion)
- Design Paper - from Paintbox Poppets CD-Rom (Crafter's Companion), on which I changed the colour by using the built in "Colouriser" function. Having embossed the shape onto the paper, I then tore the paper to leave distressed edges.
- Image - from Create With TLC . I just love the simplicity of this vintage image.
- Equipment - my Ultimate Pro by Crafter's Companion . Every card I make starts and finishes with this piece of kit. For this card I used the Paper Trimmer to cut my card to the required size, and then used the Scoring Lines to fold it. I made my aperture in both the card and the design paper using one of the inbuilt Embossing Shapes. And I finished my project by making an envelope exactly the right size to fit my card! I considered whether I would really get my money's worth out of this, but I have to say I am not disappointed. There's so much more I could tell you about it ... but I promised this would be a quick post!
I would like to enter my card for the following challenges:
- National Craft Month Challenge at Jellypark Challenges My favourite craft product has to be my Ultimate - it does so much in a small package!
- Challenge #31 - Sihouette at Little Miss Muffet
Hugs, Helen x
PS: Welcome to my newest followers - I hope you enjoy my creations!