I've had a crafty afternoon today, whilst I was waiting for my youngest to return from her school residential trip and I got to play with my blog candy Paintbox Poppets CD that I won from Marianne on Friday. Speedy service from Crafter's Companion (as usual) as it arrived yesterday - Thank you all! Now it's notoriously difficult to buy a card for my Mother in Law at this time of year as (being a former vicar's wife) she likes to receive a card saying Mothering Sunday rather than Mother's Day. This is the result of my afternoon's work:
This is only the second easel card that I've made, and I'm really pleased with the way it's turned out. My card recipe is as follows:
- Base Card - Centura Pearl 300gsm card in Ivory (Crafter's Companion) cut and folded to a 15cm square easel card.
- Design Papers, Mat and Layer Card under my image and the Design Elements are all from the Paintbox Poppets CD by Crafter's Companion. The mat and layer card and the For You label all came from the section called Stamping Companions. You print off one sheet where everything is coordinated for you, and there is a white area to rubber stamp onto. However, this would have been too tricky to do with my digi image, which I printed separately. The ribbon slider and tag (which I've used as my stopper) all came from the Ribbon Slider section of the CD and, again, came off the same sheet. Using the Verse Writer function, I was able to tailor make the sentiment to suit.
- This wonderful vase of Sunflowers is by Pattie's Creations, and it is available in her shop. I got it from the current Progressive Challenge at the Crafter's Digital Art Center where it is one of the freebies on offer for the current challenge. I brought the flowers to life with my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours (old numbering system):
- Flowers - 92, 35, 33
- Leaves and Stalks - 48, 43
- Water in Vase - 178, 171
I'm sorry that some of the photos are a little blurry - I was photographing with failing natural light, and I hate photographing my cards with flash. I'll take some better photos tomorrow and upload them, but I wanted to get this post done this evening.
I would like to enter this card for the following challenges:
- Progressive Challenge 13 - PC at Crafter's Digital Art Center
- Mother's Day at Craft Your Days Away
- Spring is in the Air at Joanna Sheen
- Challenge #161 - Mum's the Word at The Crafty Pad
- Challenge #48 - Mum's the Word at My Mum's Craft Shop
- Challenge #30 - Easel, Shaped or Step Card at Little Miss Muffet
- Challenge #60 - Mother's Day at Lexi's Creations
Hugs, Helen x