It's another Monday in April so it's time to show you another card I've made for my Guest Spot at Incy Wincy Designs. We've got a Sketch Challenge for you this week, and it's a great one:
The DT were provided with a choice of images by Sassy Studios from which I chose Pirate Penny (how gorgeous is she?) and here is my card:
I am so pleased with how she's turned out, because I could see in my mind's eye how I wanted this card to look, but struggled to get there. Then a flash of inspiration arrived, and this card was done!
My card recipe is as follows:
- Base Card - Centura Pearl 300gsm card in Ivory cut and folded to a 15cm square card.
- Backing Paper - by Paulette of Create With TLC. It is called (not surprisingly) World Map Paper. I think this was part of a package that Paulette had put together as a prize for a scavenger hunt on her blog and store. I distressed the edges of the map to give it more of a vintage feel.
- Sentiment - also by Paulette at Create With TLC and was one of the freebies that Paulette gives away daily on her blog. I think this saying is perfect for a female pirate who had obviously been distracted by her treasure! I layered this word art onto a tag which came from a set by Summer at Summertime Designs called Golden Sunshine. I went over the word "Sparkly" with my ballpoint glue pen, covered it with iridescent embossing powder and heated it. Just check out that sparkle! The whole tag was larger than I needed once the word art was on it, so I cut inside the frame which retained those lovely curves and points but reduced the overall size.
- Image - Pirate Penny is just one of the fabulous images by Lindsay that you can find at her store, Sassy Studios - you'll have to go over there to see the other delightful designs that Lindsay has created. I brought this gorgeous girl to life with my Spectrum Noir Pens and then highlighted the gems in the sand with glue and embossing powder as for the sentiment. I distressed the edges and ran over the edge with chalk in light tan to give them a tint. Colours used:
- Skin - FS2, FS3
- Eyes - DG4
- Lips - CR10
- Blouse EB1, EB2
- Breeches - BT7, BT9
- Lace and Gems - from my stash
I hope you like this card as much as I do! Head on over to Incy Wincy and check out what the regular DT did with this sketch, and then show us your take on it!
I would like to enter this card for the following challenge:
- Challenge 11 - Bingo at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards. I claim the top line of Distress, Lace and Emboss
Have a great and crafty week.
Hugs, Helen x