It's time for a new challenge over at Lexi's Creations and this time we're challenging you to use just Black and White, plus one other colour.
This fortnight, our sponsor is the lovely Lexi at Fairy Dust Crafts who, as usual, has given the DT their choice of image to work with for this challenge. She is also offering a prize to our lucky winner.
I've tried something completely new for this card, and have made a gatefold card, but the front part of the card is made from acetate. I think it's worked quite well.
My card recipe is as follows:
- Base Card - Centura Pearl 300gsm card in Snow White cut to form a 15cm square card base. Two pieces of Acetate cut to 8.5cm x 15cm and scored at 1cm on the short side to give a "tab". Double sided tape was used to fix these to the reverse of my card base.
- Mat & Layer Card - some plain black card I had in my stash, and 2 pieces were using a circles from the "nest" on the Ultimate Pro Embossing Board Springtime Sweets and cupcake Treats. My TOP TIP for you here is, if there's room on your base mat & layer card, cut out your shape for under your image from that. No-one will see it as it will be hidden by your DP and it will cut down on weight (if you're posting your card) and cost (in these thrifty times) as you won't need to use another sheet! I can't claim this is my own idea ... but as, I've never seen it printed anywhere, I thought I would share it with you as this idea is too good to keep to myself!!!
- Images - Bug 1 is by Lexi of Fairy Dust Crafts and is just one of the gorgeous images that you can find at her store. I printed out 2 images, one for the front of the card and the other (slightly larger) for the inside. These were both cut out and layered onto the black card. Once I had mounted the one inside the card, I closed the acetate on top, and mounted the smaller Bee "sandwich" directly on top of the inside one. When the card is closed, it looks like there's just one image there! I brought these busy bees to life with my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours:
- Bee - CT3, CT4, True Black
- Outline - GG1
- Wings and "Flying Squiggles" - Holographic Embossing Powder
- Edge of shape - Yellow Chalk
- Sentiment - by Paulette at Create with TLC
I hope you like this card as much as I do! Head on over to Lexi's Creations and see what the rest of the DT girls got up to using Black and White, plus one other colour. Don't forget to come back and then show us your creations! You've got until Saturday 26th May 2012 to link your cards.
I would like to enter this card for the following challenges:
- Challenge #76 - Clean and Simple at Top Tip Tuesday
- Challenge #102 - (B)irthday plus a Sentiment at Sentimental Sundays - Sorry there aren't any embellishments starting with the letter B but I've got 2 Bee images ... does that count?
- Happy Birthday! at Joanna Sheen
- Challenge 24 - Here Comes Summer at Crafter's Companion
Have a great week!
Hugs, Helen x