I hope Mr Blogger is playing nicely today too, as I'm still sunning myself somewhere in the Eastern Med!
Today is the start of a new challenge at Lexi's Creations and this fortnight we'd like to see your Sparkle and Shine! Our sponsors this time are the lovely team at Joanna Sheen who are offering our lucky winner a £10.00 Gift Voucher to their store!
The equally lovely Lexi at Fairy Dust Crafts has given everyone on the DT their choice of image and here is the card I'd like to share with you today:
This challenge coincides with Susan's First Anniversary of running the Lexi's Creations blog (congratulations Susan!) and, as my Wedding Anniversary is coming up in September, I thought I'd make a Anniversary Card.
My card recipe is as follows:
- Base Card - made from Centura Pearl (just check out the gorgeous sheen on the above photo!) in Snow White which I cut, scored and folded into a 10cm square Triangle TriFold card. I saw this card fold on a lady's blog when I was doing one of my DT comments a few weeks ago ... I'm sorry if that's you as I can't remember, but thank you for the inspiration.
- Design Papers - are called Red Polka Dots and Lots of Hearts on White, and they are both from the kit "Dance With Me" by Summer at Summertime Designs.
- Image - This very simple but effective image is called Heart on Wire and it is by Lexi at Fairy Dust Crafts. I altered the image slightly by cropping it so that the dangling heart at the bottom of the large heart wasn't showing. I have coloured this very simply using Red Chalk (both wet and dry to get the colour intensity) and my Spectrum Noir Pens in CR11 (for the small 'strung' hearts) an BG2 (for the outline). I hand-stitched around the wire in backstitch using some silver thread I found in my lace-making stash! I then gave the whole piece a (liberal :o)!) coating of Iridescent Spray and Sparkle
- Charm - Using my word processing package, I cropped and resized the main the image so that I was left with the dangling heart in a larger size. I then traced this onto Shrinkles plastic, coloured it in using my CR11 Spectrum Noir Pen, cut it out & made a hole suitable for getting thread through and then "cooked" it according to the instructions! Once it had cooled, I was able to mount it onto my card so it dangles.
- Sentiment - by Paulette at Create with TLC which I've digitally superimposed onto my DP.
Head on over to Lexi's Creations and see what my "Teamies" have done to Sparkle and Shine and then come back and share your creation with us! You've got until Saturday 18th August 2012 to link your cards up.
Have a great week,
Hugs, Helen xxx