Good morning everyone and an especially warm welcome to my newest followers, Twisted Witch and Elaine. Thank you for joining me on my journey through papercrafting and blogland!
As it's Monday morning, it's time for a new challenge at Incy Wincy Designs, and this week we'd like to see your cards for Friends.
We've got two great sponsors this week: the lovely team at Fantastic Ribbons and Mayzy from Mayzy Art who has provided the digis that the DT are using this week. Unfortunately, at the time of writing this post Mayzy's store is closed so I can't link up to the gorgeous image I've got on my card.
Those of you who have followed me for a while may know that I work in a high school, so when I headed over to Mayzy's store to choose an image for this challenge I knew this one was perfect! It is so typical of what I see the youngsters at school doing ... going around at break and lunchtimes permanently attached to their mobiles!
My card recipe is as follows:
- Base Card - is Centura Pearl in Ivory, which I have cut, scored and folded to make a 15cm square card.
- Design Paper - is called a 'page plopper' from a set called Moments by Summer at Summertime Designs. I know this is a bit of a cheats way of layering items, because Summer has done all the hard work! I love the colours of this paper and, when time is tight looks great for minimal effort! I'm sure I'm not the only one who sometimes realises I need a card, like yesterday!
- Skin - FS3, FS6
- Hair - TN2, TN3, TN4 & OR1 for the hairbands. I think I've made a better job of trying to get shine in her hair than I usually do - maybe my colouring skills are improving, slowly!
- Eyes - TB4
- Lips - TN4
- Earrings - Gold Gel Pen
- Top - DG2, DG4
- Shorts - OR1
- Belt - True Black, Gold Gel Pen
- Shoes - True Black
- Outline - IG1
- Background - Chalks in Grey, Light Blue & Pink
- Edge Distressed - Orange Chalk
- Sentiment - is by the talented Paulette at Create with TLC and was a freebie she gave away on her blog in February this year. It's perfect for a teen image as I know my eldest and her friends will often just text "Hi" to each other! I distressed the edge of this in Orange Chalk to, so it ties in with my image.
- Bling - from my stash.
My very talented "teamies" at Incy Wincy Designs have made some gorgeous projects for Friends so do head over there and leave them some love. Don't forget to come back and share your creations with us - you've got until Sunday 30th September 2012 to link your cards up.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (with some help from the girls at Feline Playful - thanks girls):
- Challenge #204 - Distressing at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - I hope edge distressing with chalks is OK!
- Challenge #38 - Colour Palette at Creatalicious Challenges
- Fall Colours at Stamping Dragon
- Distressed at Delightful Sketches - I hope edge distressing with chalks is OK!
- My Sentiment Exactly! at Delightful Sketches
- Dare to be Sassy Thursday #143 - Fall Colours at Sassy Studio Designs
- Challenge #82 - Fall Colours at The Paper Shelter
- Challenge #46 - Friends at Word Art Wednesday
Thank you all for the wonderful comments you leave for me - I do read and appreciate every one!
Hope you have a great week!
Hugs, Helen x