This is my second post of the day - please scroll down to see my first post.
This is an incredibly special post ... I'm very proud to be a Guest Designer today with Dawn as she launches her own special challenge today.
The theme is Breast Cancer Awareness and/or Think PINK
(not just a little bit of pink but a lot of pink!).
If you were with me on Saturday, you may have read my post about Dawn's Mum's battle with cancer. To keep her Mum company, Dawn is having her head shaved on Saturday 8th September 2012. I think Dawn is so incredibly brave doing this - I don't think it's something I could do!
You can read Dawn's Story at her Just Giving Page and, if you can, please make a donation to Dawn's chosen Charity, Breakthrough Breast Cancer. At the time of writing (Monday evening) Dawn has raised a wonderful £640 for this great charity. She is hoping to raise £1,000, but I'm sure with our help she can exceed this target -- just £1/$1 would help boost the funds and help Breakthrough Breast Cancer as they try to find a cure for this awful disease!
So, Dawn has contacted some well known and maybe less well known 'Crafty Companies', and the following prizes are on offer:
Joanna Sheen - Goody Bag
Saturated Canary - $40 Gift Voucher
The Crafty Pad Designs - 8 images
Mo's Digital Pencil - $5 shop credits x2
Dude Time Doodles - $10 Gift Certificate for the store
Crafty Emblies - £10 Voucher for their shop
Fairy Dust Crafts - 5 digital images from the Online Store
Funky Hand - 1 download from the shop
Iva Nova Chest - Pink Goody Bag
Linda Westcott - Hand Made Crochet Flowers, Lace Edging & Fimo Flowers
That's TEN whopping prizes up for grabs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dawn's challenge starts today (Tuesday 4th September) and runs until Saturday 29th September. There will be updates from some of Dawn's crafty friends and DT-mates each Tuesday.
So, without further ado, here is my very, very, very pink (with one bit of grey!) card using a Digi Image drawn by one of our Sponsors, the very talented Lexi of Fairy Dust Crafts.
My card recipe is as follows:
- Base Card - made from Centura Pearl in Snow White which I cut, scored and folded into a 15cm Square card.
- Design Papers - are from the set "Awareness" by Summer at Summertime Designs. My main paper is called Dots Paper and I have used Blossom Paper to make 3 strips running down the card.
- Image - this sassy girl is called "Roxi" and she is just one of the talented Lexi's (Fairy Dust Crafts) creations - click the link to head over to Lexi's store and have a look at the other lovely digi images she has there! To bring this lovely girl to life, I paper pieced her top using "Ribbon Paper" (from the "Awareness" Kit as above) and then used my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours:
- Skin - FS2, FS3
- Hair - PP3, EB1
- Eyes - TB6
- Lips - PP5
- Trousers - BG2, BG4
- Belt - PP5, True Black
- Background - Chalks in Grey, Light Blue and Pink
- Gems and Flowers - from my stash
Please hop over to Dawn's Blog and see what gorgeous creations the other Guest Designers have made to whet your appetite - don't forget to come back and show us your Breast Cancer Awareness and/or Pink creations. And if you can help with a donation, however small, it will be very gratefully received.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges, with a little bit of help from the girls at Feline Playful:
- In the Pink at Catered Crop (Second Entry)
- Paper Piecing at Ladybug Crafts Ink
- Challenge #72 - All the Threes at My Mum's Craft Shop (3 strips of DP down the card, 3 gems, 3 flowers)
- PPMC55 - Create a Square Card at Paper Pretties
Hugs, Helen x