It's time for another challenge at The Crafty Pad and this week Pauline has chosen the theme of Autumn Colours - Brown, Orange, Red, Yellow, Green ... you get the picture! We would like to see at least two of these colours on your project, but it would be nice to see more.
Our fab sponsor this week are the team at Crafty Individuals who are giving our lucky prize winner this wonderful prize of 1 Pack of Red Rubber Tree Stamps, 1 Pack of 6x6 Tree Themed Backing Papers and 1 A4 sheet of Bird Toppers! Wow!!!!!! Thanks to them for this awesome prize.
Debbie has once again opened her "shop doors" for the DT and we're all showcasing Crafty Pad Designs on our projects this week. Here is my inspiration for you, using the current sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches :
My card recipe is as follows:
- Base Card - pre-made A6 card in Kraft
- Design Papers - are from the set "Gratitude" by Summer at Summertime Designs. My main paper is called Stripes and I have used Day Scene to make "quilted" picture
- Image - this pile of acorns sitting in leaves comes from the set Acorns and Autumn Leaves by Debbie at Crafty Pad Designs. This set is great as not only do you get the image I've used, but you also get a set of 2 leaves, and an acorn border as well! To bring this autumn scene to life, I paper used my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours:
- Acorns - DG2, DG3, TN7, TN8 and I then coated the nuts with a layer of Glossy Accents
- Leaves - Chalks in Dark Green, Ruddy Red, Burnt Sienna, and Dark Brown applied with cotton buds and blended with a finger
- Twine - I coloured a length of twine with my Spectrum Noir Pen in shade GB8 before adding the twine to my card.
I have deliberately left this card sentiment-free as I want the focus to be on the image and picture.
Do head over to The Crafty Pad and see the gorgeous creations by the rest of Team A. Then come back and show us your creations using Autumn Colours! You've got until 8pm (BST) on Saturday 22nd September 2012 to link your cards up.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (with a little help from the girls at Feline Playful - thanks girls):
- Weekly Challenge #27 - Fall Inspiration at Tammy's Scrapin Corner
- Challenge #163 with the added twist of "Welcome Fall" at Tuesday Morning Sketches
- CIC #59 - Leaves at Clearly I Stamp
- Challenge #138 - Harvest Festival at Fab 'n' Funky Challenges
- 2 Colouring Mediums at Just Some Lines (Alcohol Markers and Chalk) - Second Entry
- Challenge 39 - Autumn Colours at Addicted to Stamps
- Challenge 131 - Autumn at One Stitch at a Time
- Challenge 36 - Autumn/Fall at PanPastel UK
- Challenge 172 - Autumn at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge
I hope you have a great Sunday!
Hugs, Helen x