This is my first post of the day - please scroll up to see my second post.
Good morning friends and what a busy few days it's been here at Crafty Mamma Mia!
As it's the first Tuesday of the month, it's New Release time at The Crafty Pad Designs! This time Debbie has gone all vintage on us, and has designed this gorgeous Laundry Day Set. There are 5 lovely images in this set, and one sentiment and it's available from the New Releases part of the store.
As usual, the Design Team were asked to showcase the new set, and I must admit to struggling a bit with this as I haven't made many vintage cards. However I had a flash of inspiration, and here is my project ... a Laundry Room Door Hanger, pictured nestled in my ironing basket! Yes, (blushing here) my ironing pile really is that huge!!!!!
- Base Card - made from Centura Pearl in Ivory which is made from one panel of A4 tri-fold. I found the centre of my panel, judged how high I wanted my door handle 'hole' to be and then embossed the smallest circle shape from the "nest" on the Ultimate Pro Embossing Board Springtime Sweets and Cupcake Treats which I then cut out. I used the corner punch on my Clevercut to round the corners.
- The first image is one of the New Release Images and it is called "Wash Tub" - I've tried to get some perspective on my design by keeping this image large. To bring this empty tub to life I used my chalks in the following colours:
- Tan, Light Brown, Dark Brown, Grey
- My second image is called Vintage Clothes Line and this is by Paulette at Create with TLC, and was one of the freebies on her blog around February this year. I also used my chalks to brighten this billowing line of laundry:
- Light Blue, Grey, White, Green
- Design Paper - is from the Vintage/Distressed Plain Paper Pack by Debbie and is called Blue Grunge. I again used my Clevercut to round the corners before using my chalks in Dark Brown to distress the edges.
- Sentiment - was computer generated in my word processing package and "wrapped around" my images. I wanted something quirky and funny so I used Google and found a site with some sayings. This is one of theirs, although I've formatted it myself, however I can't remember the site. If anyone discovers it, please do let me know as I'll be pleased to credit them.
Debbie is giving away this set (remember it's 5 images and a sentiment) to one lucky "Crafty Pad-der"! For your chance to add "Wash Day" to your stash, all you have to do is head over to The Crafty Pad Challenge Blog and leave us a comment on the New Release Post letting us know what you think of the new images, and your name will go into the draw! For a second chance in the draw either be or become a follower of The Crafty Pad Challenge Blog, and then leave us a further comment letting us know that you're a follower! It really is that easy!!! Commenting will close at 12 noon (BST) on Monday 10th September, and we'll announce the lucky winner on Thursday 13th September. Good Luck!
I would like to enter this project into the following challenge:
- Challenge 21 - So Old or Vintage at Simply Create Too
- Challenge 123 - Vintage at Digi Doodle Shop
- ABAC Debut Challenge - Anything Goes at Anything but a Card
- Challenge #59 - Distressing at Creative Stamp Friends
- Anything but a Card at Totally Stampalicious
- Challenge #1 at Let's Create ... Anything But A Card!
Hugs, Helen x