This is my first post of the day - please scroll up to see my second post
Good morning my crafty friends!
Firstly, I'd like to welcome my new followers JustYolie, Crafty Rose and Heather (Hev) ... I do hope you enjoy this crafty journey that we're all on ladies!
Secondly I must apologise for the delay in this post going out. We are in the middle of redecorating, and I am down to sharing the computer with the rest of the family in the dining room ... which makes life difficult as I can't slope off to another room to do my blogging!!!!
It's new challenge time at Incy Wincy Designs, and this time we've got a Sketch Challenge for you, which has been drawn by our own team-mate Sheryl ... and it's a totally awesome sketch, and one that I can see will be getting plenty of use.
For this challenge, we're welcoming Pink Gem Designs as our sponsor - they are offering this week's lucky winner 3 Digital Images from the store! The lovely Janet has also very kindly supplied the DT with images to use this week so, without further ado, here is my card for you using Sheryl's sketch which I have rotated 90 degrees clockwise:
My card recipe is as follows:
- Base Card - made from Centura Pearl in Snow White onto which I embossed the largest rosette shape from the "nest" on the Ultimate Pro Embossing Board Springtime Sweets and Cupcake Treats. I folded the card to make a hinge at the top, and 2 "feet" at the bottom and then cut round the embossed shape.
- Image - This gorgeous little fairy is called Faye With Snowflake and she is just one of the gorgeous digis drawn by Janet from Pink Gem Designs. I set Fairy Faye onto the smallest rosette from the "nest" on the Ultimate Pro Embossing Board Springtime Sweets and Cupcake Treats, embossed the shape and then cut it out, before mounting it at the lower edge of my DP. To bring this little sweetie to life, I used my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours:
- Skin - FS2, FS3
- Hair - GB8, GB10
- Coat, Mitts & Boots - TB1, TB3, TB4
- Wings - Silver Gel Pen
- Fir Branches - CG1, CG2
- Outline - GG1
- Sentiment - is by Paulette from Create with TLC, and was one of the goodies in her Christmas Club last November. This year's Christmas Club is due to start on 3rd November and this is a great way to bulk up your Christmas stash without it costing the earth - you won't be disappointed!
- Ribbon - is 3mm Galena Opal wired ribbon from my stash, and was part of a Fantastic Ribbons blog candy I won last autumn from the lovely Annette - just perfect for this project of 'cool' colours!
- Snowflakes - made from Centura Pearl in Snow White using 2 different sizes of snowflake punch
My Incy Wincy team-mates and Saumya (this month's Guest Designer) have got plenty of further inspiration for you, so do pop over and check out their creations for this Sketch Challenge. Don't forget to come back and share your creations with us - you've got until Sunday 21st October 2012 to link your cards up.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenge:
- Challenge #135 - Music or a Song at One Stitch at a Time - the song title just has to be "Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow"!!!!!!!!!!!
- Challenge 87 - Things with Wings at Top Tip Tuesday
- Challenge #116 - Christmas Sentiment at Ooh-La-La Creations
Have a great and crafty week!
Hugs, Helen x