This post starts with a confession - I'm a very bad Mamma Mia (hanging head in shame). This card should have been posted on Monday to coincide with the launch of the new challenge Special Birthdays at Lexi's Creations. Susan has set this challenge because Lexi's is 3 years old so Happy Birthday to Lexi's!!! However, time has (yet again) evaded me and I had to spend my crafting time sorting out some probate paperwork. If someone manages to get the formula to bottle time, do let me know as I'll be the first in the queue :o)
Anyway, because this fortnight's challenge is so special, we have two wonderful sponsors.
The first is My Creative Classroom who are giving one lucky winner a free seat to the class of their choice. Here is a little about them :
My Creative Classroom is an online arts and crafts learning center. Our interactive and in-depth courses are instructor led and filled with wonderful projects and techniques to help you get the most out of your supplies. Our Fall Semester is well under way with over 100 classes to choose from. My Creative Classroom has a little bit of everything for everyone. We are offering classes on the Cricut, mixed media, rubber stamping, scrapbooking, sewing and more! Don't miss out on some wonderful classes starting this Fall:
We are excited to be sponsoring Lexi's Creations. You can view our entire class list on our website at My Creative Classroom. You can also view classes on our Facebook Page too! One lucky winner will receive a free seat to a class of their choice.....Good Luck!
Our second sponsor is the lovely Lexi from Fairy Dust Crafts, who is offering our second lucky winner 5 Digital Stamps from her store - if you follow my blog regularly, then you'll know that Lexi draws the wonderful images that the Lexi's Creations Design Team mostly use for our challenges. What you may not know is that as well as the gorgeous digital images, Lexi's store also sells rubber stamps and lots of other fabulous crafting goodies like Viva Decor, Promarkers, a variety of lace and ribbons, embellishments, flowers, charms etc. and all at fantastic prices ... now that's well worth a visit!
Here is my inspiration for you using one of Lexi's newer images:
- Base Card - is Centura Pearl in Ivory, which I have cut, scored and folded to make a 10cm spring card.
- Design Papers - are both by Debbie at Crafty Pad Designs and come from the set Chocolate Chip and Cream Delight. I used the middle size of flower on my Ultimate Pro Embossing Board Springtime Sweets and Cupcake Treats to emboss and then cut the shape on my striped paper before fixing this to the diamond face on my spring card. I then cut my card to shape so that the face of the card is now a flower. The heart shape on the cream spotted paper was embossed using the middle sized heart on my Crafter's Companion Ultimate Pro before I cut this out and then I attached this to the flower face.
- Sentiment - is by Paulette from Create with TLC and was a freebie from her blog in July of this year - this makes a great statement about celebrating a 60th Birthday don't you think?!!!
- Ribbon - Cream satin ribbon from my dressmaking stash
Head on over to Lexi's Creations and see how my incredibly talented team-mates and our two fabulous Guest Designers Vickie and Lori are celebrating Special Birthdays - your project doesn't have to feature a milestone birthday like a coming of age, or one of the "bigger" birthdays because every Birthday is special! Don't forget to come back and share your creations with us! You've got until Saturday 10th November 2012 to link your cards up.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenge:
- Anything Goes at Card Makin' Mamas - Second Entry
Hugs, Helen x