Hello my crafty friends and a warm welcome to Nikki, my Incy Wincy teamie and newest follower!
I hope you're sitting comfortably because, yes, this is a mid-week post from me. I made a few crafty New Year Resolutions to myself; one was to use up some of the stash I've got hoarded (mainly in digi form on my computer) and another was to make cards for fun and not just to meet my DT commitments. So here goes, my first "resolution" card of 2013!
Isn't she just divine? I've used the current sketch challenge over at The Sugar Bowl for this layout, and it's such a great sketch I'm saving the layout for those days when Mr Mojo refuses to come out from under the duvet!
My card recipe is as follows:
- Base Card - Black card from my stash (bought for the first card I ever made before I started blogging!), which I have cut, scored and folded to make a 15cm square card
- Mat Layer - Well I've kind of cheated a bit here, as I layered all my papers and image together digitally. Once I had decided on the size and shape for each section, I selected the option to format the shape, and then went to "Colour and Line". I chose quite a heavyweight line (6 points) and then a colour option that suited my image. This gives the effect of there being 8 layers on the card, when (as you can see) it is in fact flat ... apart from my sentiment and base card layer!
- Image -is of course by Sugar Nellie and she was the freebie that Karen very kindly gave away on the blog last week. She came ready coloured, so I didn't need to wield my colours! I have simply outlined her using my Spectrum Noir Pen in GG1 and then I put clouds around her using my Chalk in Light Blue. I tried to make it look like she is sitting on a dry stone wall but using my Chalk in Grey, but I don't think I managed this at all - back to the drawing board.
- Sentiment - is by the wonderful Annette at Netty's Cards. Annette has some lovely freebie sentiments on her blog - if you go over there, be sure to tell her that I sent you! Annette is also currently running a Sentiment Candy competition, where she's asking her followers to come up with ideas for sentiments. When I was making this card last night, I could have done with one that said "Belated Birthday Wishes", so I left Annette a comment on her blog post. Guess what I found in my Inbox when I logged on this morning ... ? So, I replaced the sentiment on my card to this brand new one that Annette has created. I have edged the design with my Versamark Pen and Holographic Embossing Powder ... just to add some Birthday sparkle! Click on the photo to supersize it and see that sparkle! Thank you soooooooooo much Annette. Lots of hugs winging their way down to you ... Mwah ...
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Challenge 98 - Fiona's Sketch at The Sugar Bowl
- Day 3 - Layered Cards at 365 Cards (I'm hoping that digital layering will count)
- SNSDC 86 - Something New at Sweet 'n' Sassy Digi Challenge - my New things are the Digital Image and Sentiment
- Challenge #43 - Something New at Crafting for all Seasons my New things are the Digital Image and Sentiment
- First Challenge - Anything Goes at Inky Chicks
Resolution kept for this week, it's now back to DT projects! Have a great day!
Hugs, Helen x