This is my second post for the day - please scroll down to see my first post.
Hello again friends - normal service is resumed with two blog posts in one day! Whoopeeeeeeeee!
Today sees the launch of our latest challenge at Lexi's Creations and this time Susan has set us the challenge of Monochromatic creations.
Our wonderful sponsor for this challenge is our very own Lexi from Fairy Dust Crafts who is giving this weeks winner the great prize of 5 digis from her online store. She's also kindly let the DT loose in the store, so here is my monochromatic creation.
My card recipe is as follows:
- Base Card - made from Centura Pearl in Snow White, which I have cut, scored and folded to make a 15cm square card.
- Design Papers - are from a set by Summer at Summertime Designs called "Dryer Lint at Tiffanys". I have digitally put the layout together with a faux mat (a border), so there is little bulk to my card - it also cuts down on the amount of paper and ink I'm getting through too! The base layer is called Medium Gray Stripes, the mid layer is called Light Gray Flourish and the top layer is called Dark Gray Dot.
- Image - is by Lexi at Fairy Dust Crafts and is called Vintage Boots. I brought them to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours:
- Boots - True Black, IG8, IG6, and IG4
- Pearl Buttons - EB1
- Outline - IG1
- Background - Craf-T chalk in Grey and Black. The jury in the house of Mia is still out on whether the background suits the image ... but it's too late to change it now!
- Sentiment - is of course by Paulette at Create with TLC. It's called Happy Birthday Flag and I think it was a freebie on her blog in August last year. This has to be one of my favourite and most used sentiments as it's perfect for this style of project!
- Pearls - from my stash
We're delighted to be welcoming our newest DT member Rachel to the team, and life has settled down for Tracey Mo who is returning to join us - make sure you head over to them to give them a warm welcome! Then come over and join in the fun at Lexi's Creations with us, and check out the Monochromatic creations from the other DT girls and our talented Guest Designer Julie. This challenge is running until Saturday 2nd March 2013 so there's plenty of time for you to link up your projects.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Challenge #20 - Happy Birthday at Broken Box Stock - 2nd Entry
- It's Birthday Time! at Card Makin' Mamas - 2nd Entry
- Black and White at Joanna Sheen
I hope you have a great week - it's half term here and it's a gorgeous sunny day, so I'm hoping to get out and about a bit this week. I'm also hoping that I'll get enough peace to get some crafting in too! :o) Whatever you're doing, have fun!
Hugs, Helen x