Happy Valentine's Day to you! Thankfully I'm now over the worst of the fluey bug - phew, it wasn't pleasant and I haven't felt that ill for an awfully long time.
Anyway, in my absence there's been a new challenge launched at Lexi's Creations and this time our challenge is perfect for today. We're asking to see your Love / Valentine creations.
Our wonderful sponsor for this challenge is the fabby team over at Joanna Sheen who are offering a £10.00 Gift Voucher to their store!
Our resident artist Lexi has once again let the DT loose in the Fairy Dust Crafts online store, and here is the Valentine's Card I've made featuring one of her gorgeous digis:
My card recipe is as follows:
- Base Card - is Centura Pearl in Ivory, which I have cut, scored and folded to make a 15cm square card.
- Image - is by Lexi at Fairy Dust Crafts and this little sweetheart is called I Love You Bear. I brought this bear to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours:
- Fur - EB2, GB6, GB8, GB10 - I had a slight mishap with my colouring on this as both my GB8 & GB10 pens ran out virtually straight away, so I hope the fur doesn't look too messed up!
- Small Hearts - DR1
- Large Heart - DR3 & Silver Gel Pen
- Outline - WG1
- Ribbon and Sentiment Ticket - both from the Love is in the Air download by Crafter's Companion.
So this is my very simple card to my husband and conveys the perfect message (as said by Take That: eight letters, three words one meaning.)
Do come over and join in the fun at Lexi's Creations with us, and check out the Love / Valentine creations from the other DT girls and our talented Guest Designer Crafting Vicky. And if, like me, you're only just publishing your card to your partner do come back and link up your creations. You've still got a couple of days as this challenge ends on Saturday 16th February 2013.
I would like to enter the following challenge:
- Challenge 54 - Sketch at Little Miss Muffet Challenges
- Day 44 - Word Wednesday "Love" at 365 Cards
- Challenge #103 - Love is in the Air at Tiddly Inks
- Challenge #37 - Valentine's Cards at The Cutie Pie Challenge
- Love at Paper Crafting Journey
- February Challenge - Love is in the Air at Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog
Hope you have a good rest of the day!
Hugs, Helen x