Thank you so much to all of you who wished me a speedy recovery from the lurgy - I think I'm just about over it now, with just a slight residual cough.
Anyway, it's time to tell you about the new challenge at Incy Wincy Designs. This week we want you to Pop It Up!!!! Now popping something up could take many forms ... you could decoupage your image, use pop-up foam dots, make your image pop up, or even your whole card/creation!
This week's sponsor this week is Sassy Studio Designs who are giving this week's lucky winner a prize of 4 Digital Images. Lindsay has kindly allowed each DT member to choose one of her images to showcase this week, and here is my card for your inspiration:
Ooops - I'm so sorry, it looks like the bottom of the photo is really blurred. And I can't even take another shot as one of my daughter's gave it to a friend yesterday!
My card recipe is as follows:
- Base Card - is Centura Pearl in Ivory, which I have cut, scored and folded to make a 15cm centre step card
- Design Papers - are from are from a download on the Club Inspire section of the Crafter's Companion website. The set is called Spring has Sprung and it was the download of the month in May 2012. The design (although you can't see it very well) is roses superimposed onto a delicately coloured impression of the Union Flag.
- Image - is called Great Britain Honey and she is part of the Small World Honey Collection 1 by Lindsay at Sassy Studio Designs. I mounted the image using foam dots to pop her even further forward than the stepper already does! I have brought this sweetheart to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens and chalks in the following colours:
- Hair - TN2,TN3, TN4
- Skin - FS2, FS3, FS6
- Eyes - TB1
- Lips - CR6
- Dress - DR7, BT4, BT5
- Shoes - True Black
- Background - Craf-T chalk in Light Blue
- Sentiment Ticket - from the Crafter's Companion Spring has Sprung download. I exported the ticket into my word processing programme and then wrote "Happy Birthday" onto the ticket in a handwriting font, and coloured it in white so it showed up on the brown ticket. If you click onto the picture above, you can supersize the photo and hopefully see the lovely details on the ticket.
- Ribbon Slider - also from the Crafter's Companion Spring has Sprung download. I have put some foam dots under the buckle to give some dimension.
Here's a more sideways view of my card, so you can see how this card pops!
Do check out the Incy Wincy Designs blog and see the other gorgeous creations by my talented team-mates and this week's wonderful Guest Designer, Trudy. Then come back and show us your creations that Pop It Up! You've got until Sunday 24th February 2013 to link your creations up.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Challenge #20 - Happy Birthday at Broken Box Stock
- It's Birthday Time! at Card Makin' Mamas
- H for Happy Birthday at ABC Challenge
- Challenge #151 - Make it Girlie at One Stitch at a Time
- Challenge #31 - For Mother's Day (or For a Female) at Simply Create Too - I've gone for the Female Card option as my daughter gave it to a girlfriend
Hope the rest of week is good for you!
Hugs, Helen x