This is my first post of the day - please scroll up to see my second
Good morning friends and I hop you are well. It's been bitterly cold here all weekend and we've had lots of flurries of fine, powdery snow! Not enough to settle, but when we took our girls to a local theme park yesterday it certainly gives a different viewpoint on rides! :o)
This morning brings a new challenge for the Team A Divas at Whoopsi Daisy, and our theme for you this week is Use a Sentiment - nice and simple, so there can be no excuses for not coming and joining in!
Our lucky winner's prize is (as usual) one sheet of images from the Whoopsi Daisy Store, unless you've used a Whoopsi Daisy Image for your project in which case you can choose two sheets of images. Linnie has also kindly let the DT loose in her store to choose an image to showcase.
I've done something a little different this time and taken my digital layering one stage further to produce a wholly digital card layout:
This can then be printed out, and affixed directly onto a card blank.
My recipe is as follows:
- Design Papers - Design Papers - are from a set by Summer at Summertime Designs called 'Year to Shine'. The base layer is called Modern Circles and the top layer is called Red Floral. Again, I've used my word processing programme to put a border around each layer, so it looks like they're all matted onto black card.
- Image - This gorgeous girl is from Sheet 389 and she is just one of the gorgeous digis drawn by Linne at Whoopsi Daisy. On the sheet there are just 2 different images, but both images come in a black & white format so you can take the time to colour them yourself, or if you need a quick card then the pre-coloured option (as used here) is perfect! I think these images would suit older girls/teens, and I love this girl's look with her ruffled skirt and bows on her wellies!
- Ribbon - also comes from the 'Year to Shine' kit and is called Ribbon 5. I love the pulled edge look it has to it!
- Sequins - come from another of Summer's (Summertime Designs ) kits, called 'One Year Older'.
- Sentiment - is by the lovely Annette at Netty's Cards, and she originally designed this sentiment for me, to bale me out of a huge hole! It is now available, together with some other great freebie sentiments on her blog - if you go over there, be sure to tell her that I sent you! I recoloured the sentiment in a red/burgundy colour so it ties in with the rest of my card, before digitally layering the sentiment over a white circle which had a black border - again giving the impression of there being a mat!
I will print the layout and affix it to a card blank, and add photos later so you can see what it looks like on a card. I'll also get a close up of this gorgeous image for you!
Do come over to Whoopsi Daisy Challenge and see the other gorgeous creations the Divas have made "Using a Sentiment". We also have a blog hop running simultaneously with this challenge and you have the opportunity to win the sheet of image featured on each stop of the "Hop"! Don't forget to come and show us your creations. You've got until Sunday 3rd March to link your creations up. Don't forget if you use a Whoopsi Daisy image, then you can make any style of card or project - you don't have to follow this week's theme!
I would like to enter this card into the following challenge:
- Challenge #4 - Mother's Day or Birthday at Inky Chicks
- Challenge #152 - Use a Digi at One Stitch at a Time
- Layer it Up at Joanna Sheen
- DSC #24 - Anything Goes at Digitally Sweet Challenges
- FYI40 - Photo Inspiration at For Your Inspiration I have been inspired by the colours of the photo, and also the idea of someone needing wellies to "scuff" through all those beautiful fallen leaves!
I'll be back later with my next post of the day. In the meantime, take care.
Hugs, Helen x