This is my second post of the day - please scroll down to see my first post
I was going to title this post "Spring is Coming", but as I sit here typing this post with yet another snow flurry hurtling past the window and hubby's new weather-station display advising that the outside temperature is a paltry 1.5 degrees Celsius here on the south coast of the UK, I can't believe that Spring will ever arrive! When I cast my mind back to this time last year I was wearing cropped trousers and sandals to work, and this year I'm still well and truly wrapped up in my winter woollies! :o)
Never mind, over at Incy Wincy Designs this week, we're going to try and take your mind off the chilly weather and think of warmer climes as our challenge for you this week is Pastel Colours.
We've got not one, but two great prizes from our fabby sponsors for you this week. Our first lucky winner will receive a Goodie Bag from Iva Nova Chest and our second lucky winner will receive two digis from Saturated Canary.
Krista Smith (the artist behind Saturated Canary) also gave the DT their choice of image to showcase this week, and here is my card featuring one of Krista's gorgeous images:
My card recipe is as follows:
- Base Card - made from Centura Pearl in Snow White which I cut, scored and folded to make a 15cm square card.
- Design Papers - are from the Energy kit by Summer of Summertime Designs. The main paper is called "Plaid" and the banners are cut from the "Green Damask" paper.
- Image - is of course by the very talented Krista Smith from Saturated Canary. This gorgeous girl is called Springtime and I've brought her to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours:
- Skin - FS2, FS3, FS6
- Eyes - LV1
- Lips - CR4
- Hair - GB1, GB3
- Dress & Gloves - GB1, TN2, EB1, CR4, CR5
- Socks - CG1, CG2, PP1, PP3, TB2, TB3
- Leggings & Shoes - TB2, TB3
- Flowers - CT3, CR4, LV1
- Grass - CG2, Craf-T chalk in Lime Green
- Clouds - Craf-T chalk in Light Blue
- Outline - GG1
- Sentiment - is by Paulette from Create with TLC and was a freebie on her blog last year. I have cut this into a banner shape too, and then distressed the edges with Craf-T chalk in Pink. To save you doing the maths, 18,250 days makes someone 50, and this card is for my neighbour who is 50 today ... Happy Birthday to her!
- Flower and Gems - are from my stash
I hope you'll come over to Incy Wincy Designs and see the other wonderful creations from my team-mates and this month's Guest Designer Jackie. Then don't forget to come back and show us your creations featuring Pastel Colours. You've got until Sunday 31st March 2013 to join our challenge.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- JUGS #181 - Photo Inspiration Challenge at Just Us Girls
- Come Rain or Shine at Joanna Sheen
- Challenge #206 - Spring Colours at Creative Inspirations
- Easy as 1-2-3 Challenge at Crafter's Digital Art Center (1 Flower, 2 Design Papers, 3 Pieces of Bling)
- Challenge #35 - Bring on Spring at Chocolate, Coffee and Cards
- It's Springtime at Card Makin' Mamas
- Pretty Pastels at Jellypark Friends
I hope you have a great Monday!
Hugs, Helen x