This is my second post of the day - please scroll down to see my first post
Hello again, crafty friends and welcome to "Who's the dimwit, Version Two"! Yes, that would be ummm, errrrrr (looking round room frantically) .... Me again!!!!! :o)
It's new challenge time at Lexi's Creations and this time Susan has set us the challenge of Mother's Day or a Special Female Birthday Card. Obviously, Mothering Sunday (Mother's Day) in the UK has now passed, but you can show us the cards you made for your mother this year, as long as there's no backlinking, or you could make a card for a special female in your life.
Our sponsor for this fortnight's challenge is the lovely Lexi from Fairy Dust Crafts, who (as well as letting the DT loose in her store to choose images to showcase for this challenge) is offering our lucky winner 5 Digital Stamps from her store. Not only will you find the gorgeous digital images there, you'll also find rubber stamps and lots of other fabulous crafting goodies like Viva Decor, Promarkers, a variety of lace and ribbons, embellishments, flowers, charms etc. and all at fantastic prices ... now that's well worth a visit!
So, here is the card I made for my Mother in Law featuring one of Lexi's gorgeous images:
My card recipe is as follows:
- Base Card - is Centura Pearl in Ivory, which I have cut, scored and folded to make a 15cm square card
- Design Papers - from the Paintbox Poppets Papercrafting Collection CD Rom this is a Card Companion Set meaning there are matching papers, sentiments and embellishments just ready to be printed! I love the soft colours of this set.
- Image - this gorgeous bouquet of flowers is called Roses and is by Lexi at Fairy Dust Crafts. I have brought them to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours:
- Roses - PP4, PP5
- Seedheads - Gold Gel Pen
- Foliage - DG2, DG3
- Wrap - FS2, FS3
- Ribbon - PP4, PP5
- Outline - GG1
- Sentiment - is by one I created within the Paintbox Poppets Papercrafting Collection CD Rom Card Companion using the inbuilt Verse Writer. This natty part of the program means that you can tailor make a sentiment for the recipient, before printing out the set. And as my MiL is a "church lady" and believes that Mother's Day should be Mothering Sunday (to give it the correct title from the church calendar), I was able to oblige!
- Buttons - are faux button embellishments from the same Card Companion set. I cut the "buttons" out, and then stuck 2 more layers of card underneath each one to make them stand out from the card a bit more.
Head on over to Lexi's Creations and see how my talented teamies and our Guest Designer Viv are celebrating Mother's Day or Special Female Birthday. Don't forget to come back and share your creations with us! You've got until Saturday 30th March 2013 to link your cards up.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenge:
Hope you all have a fab week!
Hugs, Helen x