This is my second post of the day - please scroll down for my first post
Good evening friends and a slightly later post than normal from me with the new challenge from Incy Wincy Designs. This week we want to see your creations featuring Ocean Animals.
We're sponsored this week by the wonderful Melissa at Meljen's Designs, who has kindly provided some images for the DT to showcase this week as well. Thank you Melissa!
So here is my card for you:
My card recipe is as follows:
- Base Card - made from Centura Pearl in Turquoise (mine came in a Brights pack from Crafter's Companion which they don't seem to have on their web site any more). This was I cut, scored and folded to make a 15cm square card.
- Design Papers - are all by Summer at Summertime Designs and they come from her kit Relax. I tried to use colours and shapes that evoked the sea and wave movements. From the bottom layer, the papers I've used are called Stripes, Turquoise, Paisley and Lime Circles. I have digitally matted and layered these papers together using a khaki/tan outline in my word processing programme. The letter tiles are also part of this kit, and I imported them individually into my word processing programme as well and layered them up onto the Lime Circles paper. I had to do a bit of nifty cutting with my craft blade around the "K" so that I could tuck the card rectangle underneath it!
- Image - this beautiful image is called Mamma Whale by Melissa at Meljen's Designs. At the moment this tender image is on half price sale, so why not treat yourself? I brought these 2 giants of the oceans to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours before gently tool distressing the edge.
- Mamma Whale - IB2, IB3, TB4, PP4
- Whale Calf - IB1, IB2, IB3, PP4
- Swirls - GT2
- Heart - PP4
- Outline - GT1
- Sentiment - is, of course, by Paulette at Create with TLC ... who else can come up with such cracking sentiments? I got this one from Paulette in May 2012 - I think it was a freebie on her blog.
I do hope you'll head over to Incy Wincy Designs this week and see the other wonderful layouts from my very talented team-mates and Valou - it's her last week as our Guest Designer and she has made some wonderful creations, so please head over to her blog and leave her some love. Then come back and show us your creations featuring Ocean Animals. This challenge closes on Sunday 5th May.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (with a little help from the girls at Feline Playful - thank you!):
- Cupcake 240 - All at Sea at Cupcake Craft Challenges
- Challenge #157 - Stripes or Dots at Robyn's Fetish
- Craft it Up & Link it Up Party #5 - Use a Pun at Craftin' Desert Diva's
- RCS #34 - Thank You Cards at Red Carpet Studio
- GL Torn & Distressed at Gingerloft Challenges
- Challenge #33 - Something Fishy at Delicious Doodles
- Make us Laugh and Smile at Jellypark Challenges
- Inspiration Challenge - Colour Palette & Photo Inspiration at Crafter's Digital Art Center
Hugs, Helen x