I apologise for the brevity of this post if you get to it quickly - I will be back later with a full write up, but there are a couple of challenges which are finishing soon that I would like to catch, and I need to collect my car from the garage following it's successful MOT!
This card is my DT card for Incy Wincy Designs where our challenge this week is Animal Antics.
We are being sponsored this week by Kim at Care2Stamp who is offering this week's lucky winner a $15 Gift Certificate to the store. Thanks Kim!
Kim also very kindly supplied the DT with some stamps to use for this challenge, and here is my card featuring one of the Whimsy stamps:
My card recipe is as follows:
- Card Base - "Wonky" side-step Rocker Card (made from Centura Pearl in Ivory) using the largest rosette from the "nest" on the Ultimate Pro Embossing Board Springtime Sweets and Cupcake Treats as a die (I don't have a die-cutting machine!). I embossed the shape, cut it out and used it as my card base.
- Image - this squirrel in a spot of bother is Fluffy on Lily by Wee Stamps ... I'm guessing that the flowers are Lily of the Valley although I've coloured them as Bluebells. Ooops!!!! It looks as though fluffy has climbed up the flower stem only to find he's too heavy to perch on it and he's in danger of slipping off! I used one of the circles from the "nest" on my Ultimate Pro Embossing Board Springtime Sweets and Cupcake Treats to frame this image, before bringing the scene to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours:
- Squirrel - TN5, TN7, TN8, PP1
- Bluebells - IB1, IB2, IB3, LG3, LG4
- Outline - GG1
- Sentiment - is by Debbie at The Crafty Pad Designs (available at Card Making Downloads) and this one is Fabulous Friend Sentiment Ticket.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges;
- PTT120 - Shaped Cards at Party Time Tuesdays
- Challenge #1 - Favourite Dies or Punches and DT call at As You Like It What makes this card my own? Not fussy and fancy! Just clean, simple lines showcasing a gorgeous image!
- Challenge #8 - Anything But a Square at Lacy Sunshine Challenge
- Challenge #19 - Create a Shaped Card at 613 Avenue Create
- Colour Challenge - Brown, Blue and Cream at Come and Get It Challenge
- Challenge #6 - More than One Fold at Hobby Cutz Challenge
Hugs, Helen x