Monday 20 May 2013

Watching the Flowers Grow ...

Good morning friends - I hope you are well. I'm not sure what has happened to the UK weather this last week, but it seems as though Spring has turned her back on us!!!



It's new challenge time at Whoopsi Daisy and this week we're really hoping that Spring has sprung as we'd like to see your May Flowers ... just in time for the first RHS Show of the season, Chelsea Flower Show! Those of you who are so talented at embellishing your projects with beautiful flowers will love this challenge ... for me this was more than a slight challenge!


As usual, Linnie is offering our lucky prize winner one sheet of images from the Whoopsi Daisy Store, unless you've used a Whoopsi Daisy Image for your project in which case you can choose two sheets of images. Linnie invited the DT to peruse the store again, but I chose to use this sweet image which was a freebie on the store blog, I think last summer (although if anyone knows better, please let me know!)







My project recipe is as follows:

  • Base Card - made from Centura Pearl in Snow White which I cut and scored to make a 15cm square card
  • Design Papers - are both from a collection called Emma's Garden which was a magazine freebie. I've edged this with a deep raspberry coloured border which I've tool distressed
  • Image - as I've said, this beautiful image was a freebie last year, and it's called Girl and Butterflies. I brought this idyllic scene to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens and chalks in the following colours:
    • Skin - FS2, FS3
    • Hair - GB7, GB8
    • Top -  BP1, BP2
    • Trousers - EB2, IB1, IB2, IB3
    • Hat - EB1, EB2
    • Butterflies - IB2, GB1
    • Flowers - CG3, GB4, BP5, BP7
    • Background - Craf-T Chalk in Light Blue, Dark Brown, Light Brown, Dark Green and Green 
  • Sentiment - is by Paulette at Create with TLC and I think this Happy Birthday Flag has to be one of the sentiments I use most regularly. I changed the colour of the sentiment by taking in into my word processing programme and recolouring it to one of the shades of blue so it fitted in with the card.
  • Flowers - were made by taking a floral patterned sheet from  Emma's Garden Collection and punching the flower shapes with my flower punch. Once the shapes were adhered to the card, I then stuck Gems from stash onto them to "bling" them up a bit!
  • Ribbon - is a thin pink organdie ribbon from my stash (originally from a local haberdashery store). I used 2 strands which I twisted together a couple of times in the middle to give the unusual style.

I do hope you'll come over to Whoopsi Daisy Challenge and have a look at the wonderful floral creations made by the Divas. Then come back and show us your projects featuring May Flowers. Don't forget that if you're using a Whoopsi Daisy image then you don't have to follow this week's theme!!! This challenge closes on Sunday 26th May 2012.



I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


I'll be back later this week with some more DT projects. In the meantime, have a good day!

Hugs, Helen x

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Helen, lovely layout and delicate colours.

    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly nailed the overlapped challenge. Thanks for playing at 365 Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a marvellous and very sweet card!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome card, love that pretty image and your layout!

    Thanks so much for joining us at The Stamp Spot for our feminine challenge this month

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty- lovely image and colors! Thanks for joining us at Dutch Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww such a sweet card and such a darling image. Thanks for entering in this months feminine challenge over at The Stamp Spot, hope to see you next month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card

    Thankyou for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow for our "Squares" challenge

    Hope to see you again soon

    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Helen! Thanks for joining us at Joanna Sheen! Laura xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x