Here we go with another "post fest" - I got soooooo behind with my "makes" last week, that I'm all behind with my posts too. Sorry folks! I'd like to extend a very warm welcome to Heather, my newest follower - hope you enjoy my "makes"!
It's new challenge time at Lexi's Creations and this one is very topical for us in the UK as we'd like to see your creations for Father's Day or a Special Male Birthday.
Our wonderful sponsors for this challenge are the fabby team over at Joanna Sheen who are offering our lucky winner a £10 Gift Voucher to their on-line store. And with postage and packing free if you spend over £9 everyone's a winner if you buy in this Aladdin's cave!
Usually I would use one of Lexi's (Fairy Dust Crafts) beautiful images, but this time I thought I would give one of the images I recently won an airing! So here is a card for my Dad for Father's Day:
My card recipe is as follows:
- Base Card - is Centura Pearl in Ivory which I cut, scored and folded to make a 15cm square card.
- Design Papers - are by Summer at Summertime Designs and (in keeping with the nautical theme!) are both from her kit She Sells Seashells. The bottom paper is called "Striped" and the top paper is called "Cream Dots".
- Image - this lovely scene has been drawn by Teri over at Delicious Doodles and it is called In The Harbour. I have brought this idyll to life quite simply, using my Versamark Pen (which I used on the heavily shaded areas to give more definition) and my Craf-T Decorating Chalks in the following colours:
- Boat on Left - Ruddy Red, Burnt Sienna, Black
- Boat on Right - Turquoise, Burnt Sienna, Black, Light Blue
- Sand - Tan
- Harbour Wall - Dark Brown
- Sky - Light Blue
- Sentiments - are computer generated using my word processing package and a font called Goudy Handtooled.
Do come over to Lexi's Creations and see the other wonderfully inspirational male cards which have been designed by the other DT members and our Guest Designer Silvi. Don't forget to come back and link up the creations you've made for Father's Day or a Special Male Birthday. This challenge ends on Saturday 22nd June 2013.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Father's Day at Going Grey with Scrap Creations
- Spots and Stripes at Joanna Sheen Second Entry
- Masculine / Father's Day at Simon Says Stamp!
- Challenge 17 - Father's or For a Male at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge
- Challenge #103 - Masculine at Top Tip Tuesday
- Card for a Male at Crafty Sentiments Designs
- Challenge 12 - We Love You Dad at Creative Craft Challenge
Phew - that's me caught up now! Off to work on next week's DT projects.
Have a great week!
Hugs, Helen x