Sorry that I disappeared on you all, however life distinctly got in the way of crafting and (to cap it all) Mr. Mojo cleared off on a very long vacation. Anway, I'm back crafting now and I will be bringing you regular blog posts ... fingers crossed!
Here's a little taster; a card which I produced last week for my youngest's birthday. She saw me making an identical card the week before (which I put into a box of cards to be raffled at my friend Karen's 50 Shades of Pink fundraising Grand Ball - I'll blog these another time!) and asked me if she could have one for her birthday. Well, of course I had to oblige (didn't I?), and here is the result:
Sorry the photo isn't too bright - it's another grey and dreary day here, and this was the best I could do!
My card recipe is follows:
- Base Card - is Centura Pearl in Ivory which I cut, scored and folded to make a 15 x 10.5 cm simple Z-fold card.
- Design Paper - is from a set called Candy Hearts by Goblinmarket.
- Image - is Nail Polish by Melissa at MelJens Designs and I chose this image following a win earlier in the year at Tuesday Morning Sketches - shame on me that I haven't used it until now!!! I flipped this digital image in my word processing package before cutting it using my new toy (I've treated myself to a Big Shot!!!!) and my second largest Framelits Oval Die. I've used the "Out of the Box" technique just to add a bit of interest to the design, and then brought the image to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours:
- Nail Varnish - PL1, PL2
- Bottle and Lid - IG1, IG2
- Charm & "Sparkles" - Silver Gel Pen
- Gem - from my stash
- Sentiment - comes from a set called You're So Sweet (which was a magazine freebie last year), which I stamped onto an additional die cut oval using Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black. I fixed this oval into the middle of the bottom layer of the card, before superimposing my main image over it.
There you have it ... easing myself back into Blogland gently!
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (with a little help from the girls at Paper Playful - thanks girls!):
- Day 295 - This and That Stamping at 365 Cards
- Challenge # 237 - Anything Goes with the Option of a Sketch at Creative Inspirations
- Anything Goes at Ladybug Crafts Ink
- Challenge #185 - Think Pink at Craft your Passion Challenges
- Colour Pink at That Craft Place
- Challenge #55 - Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness at The Squirrel and The Fox
Hope you have a great day ... I'm off for a quick run and studio class, followed by crafting this afternoon!
Hugs, Helen x