This is my first post of the day - please scroll up to see my second post
Good morning friends - hope you are all well today.
It's time for a new challenge at Incy Wincy Designs and this week's challenge is to make a card For the Men in Your Life. It could be a Christmas card or, if you're fed up of seasonal makes, it could be a Birthday, Anniversary or a 'just because' card.
Our sponsor for this challenge is Gerda and her lovely team from Stamp Fairy and they are offering this week's lucky winner a $10 Gift Certificate to their store. Gerda's gorgeous digis combine cuteness with whimsy and with such a large range of images in her store, there's bound to be the one for you!
Gerda has also kindly supplied us with some of her "male" images for us to use this week (thanks Gerda!) and here is my card for you:
My card recipe is follows:
- Base Card - is Centura Pearl in Regal Blue (from a pack of Darks by Crafter's Companion) which I cut, scored and folded to make a 15cm square easel card.
- Design Papers - come from the Fathers and Fedoras Kit by Summer at Summertime Designs. I have used the Yellow Paper which I embossed using my Embossalicious Birthday Text Embossing Folder. of the Sizzix Framelits Scallop Squares Dies.
- Image - this cowboy pig is in the set Pigs Cowboys 1 and come from the pen and/or mouse of Gerda at Stamp Fairy. I brought Pig to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours, before die cuttin him using the second largest of the Sizzix Framelits Scallop Squares Dies:
- Skin - EB1, EB2, FS9
- Necker and Band on Stetson - TB3, TB4
- Stetson - GB8, GB10
- Outline - IG1
- Sentiment - is an old favourite called Happy Birthday Flag - this has seen many an outing on a birthday card! It is by Paulette from Create with TLC and was a download from her blog in August 2012. I've recoloured this into a toning blue shade using my word processing programme.
I've only realised as I'm writing this post (and getting the links for you) that Gerda has a freebie text available to download to go with the images in this cowboy set, but as my nephew is celebrating his birthday today it's a bit late to go tweaking my card now! Will my memory banks remember this the next time I use this image I wonder?
I hope you'll come over to Incy Wincy Designs and check out the other 'male' creations by my teamies, Sandy (with her last creation as our Guest Designer for November) and our Special Guest Designers from Stamp Fairy Blog, Céline and Martina - thanks for sharing your creativity with us this week! Don't forget to come back and show us your projects For the Men in Your Life! This challenge will end on Sunday 1st December 2013.
- Challenge #17 - Birthdays at Paper Creator's Crafts 2nd Entry
- Anything Goes 4 Kids at Send a Smile 4 Kids
That's it from me ... for the moment. I'll be back a little later with another post for you but, in the meantime, take care!
Hugs, Helen x