This is my first post of the day - please scroll up to see my second post
... looks like tough work - all will become clear when you see the gorgeous image I've used on this card!!!
Good morning all! Hope you are well this Monday morning and that you had a good weekend. I would like to extend a very warm welcome to Barb, my newest follower - hope you enjoy the madcap crafty ride with us!
There's a new challenge starting this morning at Incy Wincy Designs, and this week we've got a lovely Sketch for you to follow, courtesy of our 'teamie' Karen. We've got two wonderful sponsors this week, which means there are two fabby prizes up for grabs for two lucky winners!
Our first sponsors are Wendy and her team from Digital Delights, who are offering our first lucky prize winner a $5 Gift Certificate to their store.
Our second sponsors are Esme, Nathaza and the team at Milk 'n' Coffee Digital Stamps. They are offering our second lucky prize winner 5 digital stamps from their store.
Here is Karen's lovely sketch ......
.... and here is my card (having rotated the sketch 90° clockwise) showcasing an image from Milk 'n' Coffee Digital Stamps:
My card recipe is follows:
- Base Card - is Centura Pearl in Snow White which I cut, scored and folded to make a 15cm square card.
- Design Papers - are from a kit called Winter Wonderland by Summer at Summertime Designs. The base layer is called Dark Blue Blizzard and the top layer is called Snowflake. I've digitally placed a faux mat & layer in dark grey on the top DP.
- Image - this very cute image is called Children Playing with Snowman in Winter (doesn't it look like the little girl has pushed the snowman too hard and it's going to topple over onto her brother!) and it comes from the pens of Esme and Nathaza who are the illustrators at Milk 'n' Coffee Digital Stamps. These siblings were cut out using one of my Framelits Scallop Squares Dies (in a rectangular shape) before being brought to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens and Craf-T Chalks in the following colours:
- Boy (left) - BT7, BT9, GB8, GB10, FS6, FS8, EB7, EB8, DG4, BG6, BG8, BG10, True Black
- Girl (right) - GB3, GB4, FS6, FS8, CR4, CR5, DG1, DG2, CR11, True Black, White Glitter
- Snowman - True Black, CR11, OR3, IG2, Colourless Blender, White Glitter
- Spade - BGR1, BGR3, DG3, EB2
- Outline - TB1
- Clouds - Chalk in Turquoise
- Snow - IG2 and a sprinkling of White Glitter to get the effect of the sun glinting off the snow!
- Ribbon - is also from the Winter Wonderland kit, and I digitally superimposed it on my base layer of paper before printing.
- Sentiment - is by Paulette at Create with TLC and this one was part of the Winter 2012 Club.
- Snowflakes - were created from Centura Pearl card in Snow White and 2 different sizes of snowflake punches. I bent the fronds up on the snowflakes to give a bit of dimension to them.
I hope you'll come over to Incy Wincy Designs and look at the other gorgeous creations by my team mates, this month's Guest Designer Sandy and our Special Guest Designer Mary from the Milk Coffee Stamps Blog. Then don't forget to come back and show us your creations using our Sketch! This challenge will end on Sunday 17th November 2013.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenge:
- Challenge #136 - Winter Fun at The Paper Shelter
- Challenge #70 - Photo Inspiration at Addicted to Stamps and More! My inspiration has come from the blue and silver colours (I've used a lighter blue and grey) and the season.
- Christmas in November at Crafty Little Fairies
- November Challenge - Christmas at Stamping Sensations
I'll be back in a little bit with another post ... in the meantime, take care!
Hugs, Helen x