Good afternoon everyone and "Happy Hump Day"! We're over Wednesday lunchtime, which means it's downhill to the weekend ...... wheeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
I know I don't usually do mid-week posts (unless I'm GDTing) but I'd been toying with this card in my mind. And then yesterday, a whole host of challenges popped up in my blog reader and crystallised my thoughts. So this morning I went for a run (OK, if you'd seen me it was more of a waddle ... and then I bumped into 2 students from school, waiting to be picked up to go to their college course; I was looking puce and sweating buckets! Heaven only knows how many sniggers and giggles I'll face tomorrow!) and then went to my yoga class. Came back at lunchtime, knuckled down ... and here's the result of this afternoon's labours:
My card recipe is as follows:
- Base Card - pre-made Kraft Card Blank in A6 size
- Design Papers - are from a kit called Comforts of Home by Summer at Summertime Designs. (I think that's quite appropriate given the image and sentiment don't you!) The bottom layer is called Large Dots Paper and the top layer is called Red Chevron Paper.
- Image - this lovely image was a digi freebie on The Alley Way Stamps Blog in November 2012Breakfast Club. I die cut around the digi using an oval die before paper piecing it - my TOP TIP here is to make sure your scissors don't have any sticky residue on them which could wreck your fiddly cutting, give them a clean ... I find that a bit of cotton wool soaked in nail polish remover does the trick (and it doesn't involve rummaging in "himself's" shed for the white spirit either!!!!!) The bottom layer and handle are from Small Dots Paper (Comforts of Home kit), the band reminded me of a wrapper you get with a take-away coffee so I paper pieced this from a sheet of Kraft Card and then the heart shape was printed on Red Dots Paper (Comforts of Home kit) - once the heart was stuck on the other layers, I gave it a slick of Glossy Accents to highlight it. I finished the oval off by hand drawing some faux stitching in my metallic Bronze Gel Pen.
- Sentiment - is by one of my favourite "sentimentalists" and that is Paulette from Create with TLC. This was a recent freebie on her blog ... thank you Paulette. I have put the sentiment into a speech bubble from the Speech Bubbles set, a freebie from Squigglefly. Again, this came under the spell of my trust metallic Bronze pen, and came out the other side with some faux stitching on!
- Ribbon Slider - is made from a length of satin ribbon in sage green and a faux button. This was made from 4 circles punched from Kraft card using my 1.5 cm circle punch which were stuck together, had 2 holes punched through and then slicked with glossy accents which was allowed to dry before threading my ribbon through.
So there you have it - and I'm quite pleased with this afternoon's work! Now I've just got to put the shopping away and cook tea, oh and hide the evidence of this afternoon's crafting session and pretend I've been doing housework :o) !!!!!!!!!
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Be Inspired #41 at The Alley Way Stamps
- Challenge #114 - Borrowed Sketch at Top Tip Tuesday - my TOP TIP is above
- Challenge #73 - Seeing Dots at Little Miss Muffet Challenges
- Get Krafty - Use Kraft Cardstock at Ladybug Crafts Ink
- SFC4513 - Polka Dots at Squigglefly
- Challenge #188 - Add Some Doodling at Craft Your Passion
- #104 - Paper Piecing at Crafty Cardmakers
- Stitching - real or faux at Just Inspirational Challenges
- Challenge #65 - Stitching - real/faux at Crafting for All Seasons
Whatever you're doing this afternoon/evening, have fun!
Hugs, Helen x
Hugs, Helen x