It's new challenge time at Incy Wincy Designs this morning, and this one might require you to use the 'little grey cells'. We want you to Add Texture to your creations.
Our wonderful sponsors for this challenge are Jodie and the team at Bugaboo Digi Stamps who are offering this week's lucky prize winner a whopping 7, yes seven!, digital stamps. If you're not our lucky winner, don't worry as everyone's a winner with Freebie Fridays at Bugaboo. Jodie has also very kindly offered the DT their choice of image for this challenge, thank you Jodie!, so without further ado here is my card:
My card recipe is as follows:
- Base Card - is some black card I had in my stash which I cut, scored and folded to make a 10cm square card. This is my last sheet of this card :o( ... think I'll have to invest in some more!
- Background - is made from homemade texture paste and a stencil made out of a cereal packet (good old Blue Peter "makes" ... they set you up for most things!). The texture paste is made to a recipe in this month's Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine using PVA glue, talcum powder, Pearl White Acrylic Paint and a little water, which I mixed together with a coffee stirrer (now I know what that good reason was when it jumped into my handbag last time I was at Coffee Shop!) in an old mustard jar with a lid. The stencil was made by using my small Snowflake Punch to make a random snowflake pattern in the card. I then used an old plastic club membership card to smear the texture paste across White Glitter onto the snowflakes and then left it all to dry overnight.
- Image - is the utterly gorgeous Snowflake Reindeer Silhouette by Jodie at Bugaboo Digi Stamps. I have simply printed this onto white card, cut round and mounted it onto my snowy, night sky ... OK, so a little imagination may be needed here!
- Sentiment - is by Paulette at Create with TLC which was a goodie in the December 2011 Club. I know that the line "Dashing through the snow" relates to a horse-drawn sleigh, but I thought it highly appropriate for this image too, given the number of snowflakes on the Reindeer image and my background.
So, that's it for my card with texture - why don't you head over to Incy Wincy Designs and see how my teamies have Added Texture. Don't forget to come back and show us your projects with texture - this challenge will end on Sunday 19th January 2014.
- A is for Anything Christmas at ABC Christmas Challenge
- Challenge #1 - Use New Toys or New Technique at Open Minded Crafting Fun - new technique is using Texture Paste, which I had to make first! :o)
- Challenge #70 - Film or Song Title at Ruby's Rainbow - I've been inspired by Run, Run Rudolph by Chuck Berry ... yup, I'm still in Christmas mode! ;o)
- Monochrome at Winter Wonderland
- January Theme Challenge - Winter Wonderland at Catch the Bug Challenge
- Challenge 105 - Monochromatic at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge
- Challenge #194 - No Patterned Paper; Cardstock Only at Robyn's Fetish Challenge
- Challenge #61 - Show off your New Stuff at The Squirrel and The Fox - new technique of making and using Texture Paste!
- DTBS #211 - Creative Technique at Sassy Studio Designs - my creative technique is the snowflakes made from texture paste behind my image
Hope you have a good and crafty day!
Hugs, Helen x