Hello friends .... yes, it's another mid-week post from me! Crafting forever, housework never!!!!! :o) Can you guess how I've been spending my days off this week, although I did manage 42 lengths in 35 minutes of swimming on Tuesday morning, and went to 2 studio classes yesterday morning!
I just thought I'd share a card with you that one of my friends commissioned me to make for her Mum for Mother's Day, which is on Sunday here in the UK. She asked me if the image could be of a cat and, luckily, I had just the right image in my stash (well, computer hard drive!). So here is the card I have made:
My card recipe is as follows:
- Card Base - is Centura Pearl in Snow White Silver which I have cut, scored and folded to make a 21cm x 12cm card.
- Mat and Layer Card - is lightweight card in pale green. On the bottom layer, I have used my Ribbon Heart Border Punch to make a decorative edge. On the layer behind the image I have die cut it using my largest Framelits Oval Die.
- Design Paper - is from the March edition of Cardmaking and Papercraft and is part of the Spring Florals collection, also downloadable here.
- Image - this animal duo is called A Little Birdie Told Me and they come from the pen of Tammy at A Day for Daisies. I have brought this pair to life with my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours before die cutting the scene with my second largest Framelits Oval Die:
- Kitten - IG1, IG2, IG3, IG4, LV1
- Bird - TN1, TN2
- Flowers - LV1, DG2
- Grass - DG1, DG2
- Outline - IB1
- Background - Craf-T Chalk in Light Blue
- Sentiment - is by Paulette at Create with TLC and this was part of the May 2012 Club
I hope my friend likes this card, especially as I'm sharing it here before she's even seen it!
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Challenge #92 - Pretty Pastels at A Day for Daisies
- Challenge #206 - Mother's Day/For the Ladies at Craft Your Passion
- Challenge 228 - Mum at Totally Gorjuss
- Challenge 258 - It's a Girl Thing at Creative Inspirations
- Challenge #19 - For a Special Lady at Scrapper's Delights
- Challenge #64 - Anything Goes with Optional Twist of Birds of a Feather at 613 Avenue Create
- March Challenge - Animal Antics at Crafty Calendar
Hope you have a good rest of the week - I'm off for a bit more crafting :o)
Hugs, Helen x