Monday 3 March 2014

Mum's the Word!


Morning all and hope you are well.


It's new challenge time at Lexi's Creations and this one will get you organised super early as we're looking for your creations for Mother's Day. Your creation doesn't just have to be a card ... a gift, scrapbook page, anything as long as it is something you can give to your Mum on Mother's Day.


Of course everyone likes the opportunity to win a prize, and this fortnight our sponsor is the lovely Lexi from Fairy Dust Crafts who will be letting our lucky winner choose 5 digital images from her store. Fairy Dust Crafts  is "Your one stop shop for Lexi's Digi images and a growing choice of delicious crafting goodies. Here you can find all Lexi's Creations digital images...also available as clear rubber stamps plus other crafting goodies in store now!" Lexi has very kindly let us loose in the store too, and here is my card featuring one of her gorgeous digis:





It's the first time I've made a teepee card, and it's one I think I'll make again, especially as it doesn't quite look like I've coated the card in glue and then thrown my embellishments tin at it!!!!! My uncluttered style remains intact!


My card recipe is as follows:
  • Card Base - is normal printer card in cream which I have cut into 10.5cm squares, and then scored, folded and stuck to make the Teepee card.
  • Design Papers - are from a set called Enchanted which are available from a scrapbooking site I've found called Pixel Scrapper. The papers I've used are called Colourful Roses and Wood and were both designed by Sheila Reid. 
  • Image - this lovely scene is called Butterflies and it comes from the pen of Lexi at Fairy Dust Crafts. I've brought the image to life very simply using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours before I die cut it using my third largest Framelits Oval Die with an "Out of the Box" technique:
    • Butterflies - CR4, CR5, CR6, GB9, GB10
    • Flower - LV2, LV3, GB9, JG6, JG7
    • Outline - BT1
  • Sentiment- is digitally put together using 2 elements from the Enchanted kit: the Love Circle Stamp and Purple Stain, both designed by Brooke Gazarek. I've then added a computer generated sentiment to this using the Kristen font in my word processing package to make the sentiment appropriate for my MiL (regular readers may remember that she's a "church" lady, so normal Mother's Day sentiments are no good!). I then printed this out onto the same cream coloured card, before mounting it on a blank side of the teepee.
  • Bow - is made using ribbon from a recent "grab bag" purchase (Hobbycraft - £5), a button from an Assorted Bag and finished with a twine bow.




So, there you have it ... an unusual card for my MiL for Mothering Sunday. I hope you'll come over to Lexi's Creations and see the other gorgeous makes from the DT and our Guest Designer Bo, and then come back and share your Mother's Day projects with us. This challenge will close on Saturday 15th March 2014.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenge:

Hope you have a great day!

Hugs, Helen x

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Helen love the shape, lovely design.

    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous creation Helen,love the shape, must try one of those. I love how you dressed it up with the wonderful image,papers and button bow!
    hugs
    glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fab Helen. I tried one of those folds once. I'm not sure I can remember how I did it. It looks fab though.
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful image and a fab card Helen - very clever xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous card! I love the shape. Thank you for joining us this month at Bearly-Mine Designs for the One For The Girls challenge and good luck in the draw.
    Hugs,
    Simona (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helen, what a lovely card for your MIL. Love the teepee shape it looks fab. Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Helen! Love your card! I have never seen a teepee card! Very creative. I may have to try it sometime.

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful creation with us at The Squirrel and The Fox. I am your newest follower and would love to have you follow my blog also.

    Hope to see you again next challenge. Have a wonderful week! Hugs, Gloria DT

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow love your card, i've never seen one like this before. Thank you for joining us at The ABC Challenge for our 'G is for Girls' xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful teepee card! Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments this time around. Hope to see you for the next challenge.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your Tee-Pee card. I was surprised how large they are compared to the pics on the computer and how fun it was to decorate! Love your flower and pretty coloring. Thanks for sharing with us at SweetStamps.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, not seen this type of card before, I love it... fabulous creation. Thank you for sharing with us at BearlyMine Challenge blog this time. Jackie DT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful design, I love the little butterflies and the button and bow. Thank you for joining us in this months blog challenge at SweetStamps.com.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello!
    Thank you so much for your lovely creation and participation at our "One for the girls" challenge over at Bearly Mine Inspiration and Challengeblog.
    Hope you had fun joining us and will be back soon. Good luck

    Hugs, Natascha

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x