It's new challenge time at Lexi's Creations and this one will get you organised super early as we're looking for your creations for Mother's Day. Your creation doesn't just have to be a card ... a gift, scrapbook page, anything as long as it is something you can give to your Mum on Mother's Day.
Of course everyone likes the opportunity to win a prize, and this fortnight our sponsor is the lovely Lexi from Fairy Dust Crafts who will be letting our lucky winner choose 5 digital images from her store. Fairy Dust Crafts is "Your one stop shop for Lexi's Digi images and a growing choice of delicious crafting goodies. Here you can find all Lexi's Creations digital images...also available as clear rubber stamps plus other crafting goodies in store now!" Lexi has very kindly let us loose in the store too, and here is my card featuring one of her gorgeous digis:
It's the first time I've made a teepee card, and it's one I think I'll make again, especially as it doesn't quite look like I've coated the card in glue and then thrown my embellishments tin at it!!!!! My uncluttered style remains intact!
My card recipe is as follows:
- Card Base - is normal printer card in cream which I have cut into 10.5cm squares, and then scored, folded and stuck to make the Teepee card.
- Design Papers - are from a set called Enchanted which are available from a scrapbooking site I've found called Pixel Scrapper. The papers I've used are called Colourful Roses and Wood and were both designed by Sheila Reid.
- Image - this lovely scene is called Butterflies and it comes from the pen of Lexi at Fairy Dust Crafts. I've brought the image to life very simply using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours before I die cut it using my third largest Framelits Oval Die with an "Out of the Box" technique:
- Butterflies - CR4, CR5, CR6, GB9, GB10
- Flower - LV2, LV3, GB9, JG6, JG7
- Outline - BT1
- Sentiment- is digitally put together using 2 elements from the Enchanted kit: the Love Circle Stamp and Purple Stain, both designed by Brooke Gazarek. I've then added a computer generated sentiment to this using the Kristen font in my word processing package to make the sentiment appropriate for my MiL (regular readers may remember that she's a "church" lady, so normal Mother's Day sentiments are no good!). I then printed this out onto the same cream coloured card, before mounting it on a blank side of the teepee.
- Bow - is made using ribbon from a recent "grab bag" purchase (Hobbycraft - £5), a button from an Assorted Bag and finished with a twine bow.
So, there you have it ... an unusual card for my MiL for Mothering Sunday. I hope you'll come over to Lexi's Creations and see the other gorgeous makes from the DT and our Guest Designer Bo, and then come back and share your Mother's Day projects with us. This challenge will close on Saturday 15th March 2014.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenge:
- March Challenge - One for the Girls at Bearly Mine Inpsiration & Challenges
- G is for Girls at ABC Challenges
- Fun Folds at Sweet Stamps
- Challenge #64 - Something Spooled at The Squirrel and The Fox - Ribbon and Twine
- Challenge #101 - any Sentiment for a Girl at Aud Sentiments
Hope you have a great day!
Hugs, Helen x