Friday 18 April 2014

Flower Power!

Good morning friends and I'd like to wish you all a Happy Easter weekend. The weather here on the south coast has been fabulous all week- hope you've enjoyed some sunshine too. It may be Good Friday, but as long as the weather stays fine "himself" will be repainting "T' Shed" so the girls and I are off out - they'll swim and I'll hit the treadmill!



This is my third post during my sojourn as a GDT for Delicious Doodles, and again it's time for a new challenge. After some topical challenges, this one will encourage your feminine side, as well as raising awareness for Breast Cancer. So, we'd like to see your creations that are Pink


Teri again opened the doors to the Delicious Doodles Shop so that I could help myself to another gorgeous designs. If you're a regular reader, you may be pleased to know that Mr Mojo is still recovering from last week's creation (I'll let you know next week how well it was received by my M-i-L!) so this week's card is back to a more normal style :o)




Regular readers may recall that last year I designed a piece of artwork for Karen, a friend and colleague was organising a Grand Ball entitled 50 Shades of Pink - you can find the post here. Karen is holding another Grand Ball this autumn and I'll make her a box of handmade cards that she can use as a raffle prize ... this is the first card!


My card recipe is as follows:
  • Card base - is Centura Pearl in Fresh Pink (from the Pastels multipack at Crafter's Companion) which I have cut, scored and folded to make a 15cm square card. I then embossed the front of the card using my Embossalicious "Floral Stitch" embossing folder. I carefully masked round each raised embossed square (part of the design is "de-bossed") using Post-It notes, and then swept a Versa Color Ink Cube in Silver across the raised "stitches". I'm not sure I've got this swiping quite right,  as there are some traces of silver ink in the squares. Still, when you look at it from the side, it makes the embossing pop!
  • Images - are both by Teri at Delicious Doodles and they are Floral Elegance - Wild Rose and the butterfly from the Awareness Ribbon Set. The ribbon set is a freebie (thanks to Teri's generosity), so why not treat yourself to another digi as well .... 2 for the price of 1! I printed 2 copies of them both and decoupaged some of the flowers, and also lifted the second butterfly's wings to give more depth to the images. I brought these gorgeous images to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours:
    • Roses - CT4, PP3, PP4, PP5
    • Foliage - CG1, CG2, CG3
    • Butterfly - PP1, PP2, PP3, GB8, GB10, Silver Gel Pen
    • Outline - BT1
  • Sentiment - is by my generous blogging buddy Annette and this is one of her freebies. If you head over there to take a look, please let her know that you came via my blog! I recoloured this using my word processing programme to a shade of green to tone in with the foliage.


I hope you'll come over to the Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog and enjoy the wonderful Pink creations from Teri's talented Design Team and my fellow guests. Don't forget to then come back and show us your creations - you don't need to use a Delicious Doodles image to enter the challenge but if you do, you get a second entry in the draw to win 5 of Teri's images AND your work may be Spotlighted on the challenge blog! This challenge will end on Thursday 24th April 2014 at 6pm BST (UK time!)


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
  • Challenge #212 - Flower Power at Fab 'n' Funky Challenges
  • Challenge #202 - Embossing (Wet or Dry) at Sentimental Sundays
  • Challenge 173 - Use Ice Cream Colours at Penny's Paper Crafty  My favourite ice cream flavours (preferably made by our local ice cream manufacturer!): Pistachio, Strawberry and, not shown here, Ginger, and Toffee Crunch. 
  • April Facebook Challenge - Floral at Crafter's Companion Third Entry

I hope that you all have a blessed and joyous Easter and that the Easter Bunny is kind to you and yours!

Hugs, Helen x

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Helen love the background and beautiful images. Hope you have fun with your girls! Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card hun. Love your decoupaged bits! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. a wonderful card helen - good luck with the box of pink cards. have a fabby easter xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card - the embossed background is perfect for our challenge. Thanks for sharing this with us at Sentimental Sundays x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is really elegant. Love the background. Really lovely Helen.
    Have a lovely Easter
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen this is gorgeous, and I love the embossed floral background and the image is so pretty. Sadly, however, our challenge was for handmade flowers.

    I do wish you good luck with the other ones you have entered though, and sincerely hope we will see you back again at CCM

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic card! I really love the embossed background! stunning! Thank you so much for joining us in our Embossing challenge at Sentimental Sundays !
    Mirella DK
    DT Sentimental Sundays (Cute and Crafty Cards by Mirella)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Easter Helen!
    So very beautiful, love the embossing and the cut flowers and butterflies!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x