Monday 28 April 2014

Just for Dad

This is my second post of the day - please scroll down for my first post

Morning again folks!

Its new challenge time from Lexi's Creations this morning, and this time we'd like to see your creations that are for The Man in your Life. This can be for anyone who is special to you, as long as he's male!!!!!


Our sponsor this fortnight is our very own Lexi  from Fairy Dust Crafts and our lucky prize winner this time will get to choose 5 wonderful digis from Fairy Dust Crafts! However, Lexi doesn't stop at digis, she stocks embellishments, ribbons, charms, Promarkers etc. so her on-line shop is well worth a visit.




I have chosen to make a Father's Day Card so I'm actually organised come June, rather than scrabbling around as usual! I have used the current sketch at CAS - Colours and Sketches and rotated it for my layout (great sketch, thanks!) and chose this fun image which reminds me so much of my Dad when Papa Mia and I had our first house .... spookily, this chap even looks a bit like my Dad! :oD  


My card recipe is as follows:
  • Card base -  is Centura Pearl in Snow White Silver which I have cut, scored and folded to make a 15cm square card. 
  • Design Paper - is from the Paintbox Poppets Papercrafting Collection CD-Rom and I have used a paper from the Co-Ordinating Papers section (Design 1 Colourway 3).
  • Image - is by Paula at, the sadly now closed, Pollycraft. I know that Barbara at Little Miss Muffet
    Stamps has taken on some of Paula's images, but this one doesn't appear to be listed there. He's called Mr Fix-It and I have brought him to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours:
    • Hair - BG1, BG2, BG4
    • Skin - FS2, FS3
    • Jumper - DG2, DG3
    • Dungarees - TB2, TB3, TB4, OR1
    • Belt - TN8, Gold Gel Pen
    • Tools - CR11, CT4, Silver Gel Pen
    • Shoes - TN8, EB5
    • Outline - BT1
  • Sentiment - is from the Special Occasion Stamp Set which was a magazine freebie last year and I have stamped this in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. And yes, my Dad is the Best Dad!!!!!!! :o)

I hope you'll come over to Lexi's Creations and see the wonderful projects by my talented team-mates for The Men in their Life. Don't forget to come back and show us your creations! This challenge will end on Saturday 10th May 2014.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Hope you have a great week!

Hugs, Helen x

20 comments:

  1. great card Helen - that paper looks like a weave - its fabulous - great image too! hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Helen, love the image and design.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. H, Helen! A very happy "guy" card with wonderful shading and colors! hugs, de {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great male card. I am now inspired to use this image which I am lucky enough to own to create Fathers Day cards. Thanks for joining in at Penny's this week.
    Cheers Nicole DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great Fathers Day card, Paula always catered well for the guys. Miss her, but as you said LMMS has many Pollycraft images, and Barbara is adding more all the time!
    Thank you for joining us at Little Miss Muffet Challenges
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice coloring job! I like the lattice background paper, too. And yes, so long as you have something inked up and stamped on your card, it's fine for our CAS - Colours and Sketches challenges. Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the image and the background paper. Your Dad will love this card. Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday. Wynn DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card :o)
    Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays & Good Luck!
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabby 'man card' Helen! :)
    Thanks for joining us at CAS this week :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card and great colouring. The bp compliments it perfectly.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Helen. Super 'dad' image and that bp is fab.
    Thank you for sharing it with us.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely man card Helen, love the colour choice .
    Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great card Helen and thank you for joining in with us.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super Man card Helen, I am sure your Dad will love it.
    Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday this week.
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT Team A

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brave colour choice but it works! Thanks for sharing it with us at CD Sunday this week.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT (Team A)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Helen, I really love the colours, the green is really fresh and the image is great!

    Thanks for popping over to 'see' me and for the lovely comment!

    Take care, Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so fun and cool with the green and blue. Perfect for a caring Dad.
    Hugs
    DesĆ­re
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab colouring and a great layout

    Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

    Hope your having a fab weekend!

    Hugs

    Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very effective Helen :) Love the silver

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Helen,

    Cute card. I'm sure your Dad will love it come next June. Looking forward to being part of the Incy Wincy Design Team :o)) xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x