Monday 28 April 2014

Mark that page!

This is my first post of the day - please scroll up to see my second post

Good morning friends and welcome to another week! Hope this post finds you all well, and suitable rested after the weekend ... even though it wasn't the best weather wise here on the south coast of the UK! The eagle eyed among you may notice that I've added a new following option. You can subscribe to follow my crafty adventures by e-mail, and that's just what Sharon (my newest follower) is doing!!!! Welcome Sharon!


It's time for a new challenge at Incy Wincy Designs and this time we'd like to see Tags and/or Bookmarks! There was a bit of a debate in "IW Towers" about the title of this, so we decided that you can do one or the other ... the more adventurous could choose to do both!


We've got two lovely sponsors for this challenge. The first is Teri from Delicious Doodles who is offering one lucky prize winner 4 digis from her store and the second sponsor is Digital Delights who are offering our second lucky prize winner a $5 Gift Certificate to their store.






I opted to make a bookmark (I'll post a tutorial on this style and more pics tomorrow, but the sun has gone down now and lightbulbs give everything a yellowish tinge) using one of Teri's fab images (OK so regular readers may realise that I'm being slightly biased here, having just GDT'd with the Delicious Doodles team during April!):




My project recipe is as follows:




  • Card base -  is Centura Pearl in Snow White Silver measuring 16cm x 6cm which I scored and folded  at 8cm and again at 8.2cm (ish!) to make folded card. 
  • Image - is Haunting Moon by Teri at Delicious Doodles and it conjures up memories of The Highwayman by Tennyson (I know there wasn't a loch involved it!) or some of the Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling. I have brought this scene to life using my Craf-T Chalks in the following colours:
    • Hills - Dark Green, Green
    • Loch - Dark Blue, White
    • Sky - Royal Blue, Turquoise
    • Moon - White
    • Shore - Dark Grey, Black
    • Highlights - White Silver Gel Pen


I will give this bookmark a suitable quote on the reverse .... I need to be able to borrow my eldest's "HP" books to find one!


I hope you'll come over to Incy Wincy Designs and see the other great Bookmarks or Tags that my wonderful team-mates have made. Then come and share your projects with us - this challenge will end on Sunday 4th May 2014.


I would like to enter this project in to the following challenge:


I'll be back a little later with my next DT post - in the meantime, take care!

Hugs, Helen x

7 comments:

  1. Your bookmark is wonderful Helen what a fab image. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a fab scene - I love it Helen! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice project, thank you for entering at Sweet Stampin' this week. Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning scene, I love the moonlight on the lake. Thanks for joining us at Craft A Scene this month.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderfully haunting bookmark - you've created such a lot of depth. Stunning! Thank you for sharing and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a striking image, especially for a bookmark! Thanks for joining our 'No designer paper' challenge at Sweet Stampin' and good luck, love Jacky x

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x