I'm opening my blogging "account" for 2015 with another Christmas card - not the first one of the year, but sharing the card that I made for our youngest, who just LOVES polar bears. She's now 13, and she still shares her bed with a polar bear that two of my friends gave her when she was just a few weeks old. He's called Poly, hence the title of this post. She took one look at the image on this card and promptly gave me a huge squishy hug!!!!
I've kept this card very simple as I wanted to show off the lovely embossing folder and my card recipe is as follows:
- Card base - is plain black cardstock which I have cut, scored and folded to make a 15cm square card.
- Embossed frame - is made using an festive embossing folder (which came free with Cardmking & Papercraft a few months ago) and Centura Pearl in Snow White Silver. I cut out the middle which was blank to create the frame.
- Image - This lovely couple are called Skating Polar Bear and they have been created by Claire at Jellypark - sorry I can't provided a link to the image, but Claire's website is "down" while she finds a work-around for the new European Union VAT laws which appear to be scuppering some of my favourite digital traders ... grrrrrr!!!!! Grump over, back to the card! This fun seeking were brought to life courtesy of my Spectrum Noir Pencils in the following shades:
- Ice - 061
- Polar Bears - 065, 104
- Scarves - Small Bear - 050, 024; Large Bear - 066, 013
- Trees - 104, 050, 052
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- December Challenge - Clean and Simple at Spectrum Noir's Facebook Challenge
- Challenge #26 - All White at Open Minded Crafting
Catch up with you all soon!
Hugs, Helen x