Hello there my crafty friends!
Another post from me and so far I'm keeping up with my New Year Goal of making at least one card each week. This week I have exceeded my goal as there are a plethora of birthdays this month, both family and work. I made this card for my Sis-in-Law whose birthday was earlier this week, so I reckon I'm OK in posting it now!
My card recipe is as follows:
- Card base - is a pre-made A5 white card blank
- Design Paper - is from the Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady Twin CD-Rom which I treated myself to in October, but have only just "cracked" the cellophane! :o) I love these bare trees, and it's just right for a winter birthday! I imported the paper into my word processing programme, resized it to suit the card, and put a brown border around the paper as a faux mat.
- Image - This beautiful lady out for a stroll is called Winter Emily (Emily Winter Wonderland) and she comes from the art desk of Heather at Lacy Sunshine. I die cut an oval using the 3rd smallest oval in my Sizzix Framelits Ovals die set before bringing brought Emily to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours:
- Skin - FS2, FS3, BGR3,
- Hair - TN2, TN3, TN5, TN7, TN9
- Cape, Muffler & Umbrella - BGR1, BGR2, BGR3, BGR4, BGR5, White Glitter, Silver Gel Pen
- Dress - EB1, EB2, EB3
- Snow & Outline - IG1, White Glitter
- Sentiment - is by Paulette at Create with TLC and I have recoloured the sentiment in my word processing programme so it fits with my blue and brown themed card.
- Gemstones - on the top right hand corner of the card and on Emily's muffler, but I've just realised they're not showing terribly well in the photo .... ooops!
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Bling it up at Jellypark Challenges
- Winter Walks at CD Sunday Challenge
- Winter Birthday at The Stamping Boutique
- Challenge #49 - Sparkly and New at Lacy Sunshine Challenge - the glitter and gems are sparkly and the CD-Rom I used is new
- Challenge #121 - Baby It's Cold Outside at QKR Stampede Challenge
- Tic Tac Toe at Polkadoodles Challenge - I'm claiming the top horizontal line of Sentiment, Image, Die Cut
Hope you have a great weekend!
Hugs, Helen x