Hope this post finds you well. Mother in Law is getting more confident on her crutches each day and therefore more mobile and more independent ;o) , so the volume of checking up on her is reducing slightly. As well as getting to my studio class and pounding the treadmill this week, I've found time to do a bit of crafting.
In my B.C. crafting days (B.C. = Before Cardmaking!) I was an avid lacemaker, and could regularly be found with my late mother at local fetes and country shows with our pillows and "makes". Some of the time we sported wellies (country shows can be messy affairs!) and yes, mine were green!!! A mutual friend of ours also demonstrated and sported green wellies, and we quickly became known amongst lacemaking friends as the "Lace Trimmed Green Welly Society"! Another friend (who also made lace bobbins) made us all membership bobbins, with a pair of green wellies trimmed with lace on them and my membership number was 4. Sadly, I don't think the "LTGWS" is still going, but I reminded of those happy days when I was going through some of my digis, and this card was born.
My card recipe is as follows:
- Card base - is a pre-made 14.7 cm square card in white cardstock
- Design Papers - are from my favourite CD-Rom at the moment ... Sugar and Spice Papercraft Kraft Cardstock
- Image - is called Pattern Wellies and it comes from the pen of Claire at Jellypark. This is a new store for Claire (she had to close her old store down at the end of December thanks to the new EU VAT rules on digital sales) so she is in the process of transferring her many images across - the wellies aren't there yet! I coloured these wellies using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the shades listed, before die cutting them using a Sizzix Framelits Oval Die.
- Outside of wellies - DG2, DG3, DG4, PL1, PL2
- Inside of wellies - EB1, EB2
- Ground - EB1, EB2, EB5
- Outline - CG1
- Sentiment - is a magazine freebie, from Quick Cards Made Easy, and I stamped this directly onto my DP using Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black.
- Some buttons from my stash, and a die cut flower using Die'sire Classiques Delicate Flower edged with a Papermania Hot Pink ink completed this card.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Challenge #289 at Tuesday Morning Sketches
- Challenge #126 - Bingo plus a sentiment at Aud Sentiments Challenge I'm claiming the diagonal from bottom left to top right of two pattern papers, flowers (die cut, on a DP and on the image!) and die cut.
- Challenge #74 - Anything Goes with a Twist - use some buttons at Fan-Tastic Tuesday
- Challenge #98 - Anything Green at Ruby's Rainbow
Hope you have a good Sunday!
Hugs, Helen x