I think my blog is going to be a bit like buses - you wait ages for one post, and then a "post fest" turns up!
I've been making a few cards for a colleague at school - he is running in the London Marathon next month raising funds for Breakthrough Breast Cancer, and as well as running he is doing other fund raising events. Yesterday evening he held a social at school: quiz, music from the Staff Band, a fish and chip supper (yummmmmmy!), an auction of promises and a raffle. I had offered a pack of cards to raffle and this was one of the cards I put into it.
I apologise for the poor quality of the photo - I took it late yesterday afternoon, by which time the natural light had gone, so I've had to lighten this a bit so you can see the details :o(
My card recipe is as follows:
- Base card - pre-made 14.7cm square card in white
- Embossing Folder - is a 6 inch Embossalicious folder by Crafter's Companion and it's called Geometric Motif. This folder came as a freebie with an order I placed last weekend, and I thought it was perfect for this card! I'm not sure if the folder is a new one or an old one ... either way I can't find it on the Crafter's Companion website, but there are plenty more there to tempt! ;o)
- Image - this cute furball is Monster Chris and he comes from the pen of Tammy at A Day for Daisies. I have brought Chris to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens and Spectrum Noir Pencils in the following colours, before cutting Chris out using the largest Die'sire Essentials Scalloped Circles die:
- Body - BT5, BT7, BT9 and 071 ... I made little 'c' shapes with my pencil to add "texture" to the fur
- Eyes - CG2
- Legs and Feet - TN7, TN8
- Outline - BT1
- Papers - are the "dotty" papers from a set called Lime and Chocolate Fusion which were a free download from docrafts. I cut narrow strips from the papers to make the cross and cut a pennant shape into the horizontal strip.
- Sentiment - is computer generated using the Word Art function in my word processing package. I've tried to use colours which match the chocolate, lime and turquoise dots in my papers.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Challenge #117 - Add Polka Dots at A Day for Daisies Challenge
- Challenge #136 - Anything Goes at Addicted to Stamps Challenge
- Birthdays at Polkadoodles Challenge
That's it from me for today - hope you have a great weekend!
Hugs, Helen x