Hope this post finds you well. I apologise for my lack of visiting your blogs and posting here over the last few weeks - chasing around ensuring MiL was safe and well, and taking her to appointments and doing bits and pieces for her has taken up more of my free time than I envisaged. However, she's making slow but steady progress and is regaining some of her independence so hopefully "community care" duties will continue to ease!
I also need to apologise to my newest followers, as I haven't welcomed you on this journey round my craft room! So without further ado, welcome to Pam, Laine and Antoinette, Michele, Beth and Kate and apologies once again for the tardiness of my welcome ;o) I hope you will all enjoy my creations!
Today is Papa Mia's birthday (I'm safe in posting now as he opened his cards this morning before he left for work) and he received this card from me!
My card recipe is as follows:
- Card - pre-made 14.7 cm square card base in white
- Papers - come from a Club Inspire download at Crafter's Companion. These are part of the set released in June 2010 called Father's Day Papers, which is still available. I've used 2 different papers and also the musical stave border.
- Image - is a retired Pollycraft digi, however you can still get Retro Chester (as originally drawn by Paula), as he is available as a stamp from LLM's Pollycraft at Little Miss Muffet Stamps. I have brought Chester and his personal stereo (for those who are too young to know, this is how we used to listen to music when we were out and about!) to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours before cutting them out using my second largest Sizzix Oval die:
- Chester - EB1, EB2, GB8, GB10, DG2, DG3
- Headphones - BG6, BG8, BG10, TB6, TB9, Bender Pen
- Personal Stereo - BG6, BG8, BG10, TB5, TB6, TB9, Bender Pen
- Outline and Grounding - BT1, BT2, BT4
- Sentiment - is by Paulette at Create with TLC, and this was a freebie on her blog in December 2011. I wanted to keep the musical theme but had to crop the wording as I didn't have room for the whole message on this card .... eeek! (you can see the entire sentiment on this card).
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Challenge #107 - Anything Goes at Little Miss Muffet Challenges
- Challenge #292 at Tuesday Morning Sketches
- Challenge 127 - Use a Two Word Sentiment at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog
Whatever you're up to, I hope you have a great day!
Hugs, Helen x