Good morning friends and a very Happy Easter to you! I hope the Easter bunny is very kind to you and yours, and there are lots of goodies for you all!
I'm scheduling this morning's post, so I do hope Mr Blogger is playing nicely - it's a while since I last did this, but he's going to have to get used to it as all my Monday DT posts will be scheduled ... posting at 8am on a school day is just NOT going to happen in my house without his help!!!!! :o)
Anyway, I digress - Papa Mia asked me to make an Easter card for his mother. Regular readers may recall that she's a retired clergy wife, so fluffy, hoppy things are definitely not suitable! Traditional with a bible verse, if possible, are far more her style! So this is what I came up with.
My card recipe is as follows:
- Card base - made from Centura Pearl Card in Ivory (I got mine from Crafter's Companion butthey don't seem to be stocking this at the mo) which I cut, scored and folded to make a 10.5 cm (when folded) square Spring Card
- Papers - from the Vintage Floral Papercrafting CD-Rom
- Image - is a Vintage Image by Paulette at Create with TLC and I think this one might have been a freebie on her blog a couple of years back. I wanted to leave the card quite plain, so I've coloured the crocuses quite lightly using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the following colours before cutting the image out close to the frame:
- Crocuses - LV1, Blender Pen, GB5
- Leaves - DG2, DG3, DG4
- Sentiment - is also by Paulette at Create with TLC and this was a blog freebie a couple of weeks ago. I used my second smallest Die'sire Essentials Rectangles Die to cut this out.
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Hugs, Helen x