Wednesday 6 May 2015

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Nope, it's ........

.... my weekly post for Incy Wincy DesignsIt's new challenge time and this week we're helping our crafty friends in the US and Canada spoil their Mum as our challenge this week is Mom's the Word




We're being sponsored this week by the very lovely Heather Valentin from Lacy Sunshine who is offering a prize of 3 of her gorgeous digis to our lucky prizewinner! Heather also very kindly gave each DT member their choice of image to use for this challenge. Back to the post title then ... Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Nope, it's Glitter Girl Superhero - perfect for all those superhero Mums out there!!!!!!!





Now I'm in a bit of a pickle - firstly, my Mum is no longer with us and secondly we've already celebrated Mothering Sunday here in the UK .... so I've just gone for a very "girly" card in the hopes that it inspires you to make a creation for your Mum/Mom!





My card recipe is as follows:

  • Card Base - is a pre-made white card base, around 14.7cm square
  • Papers - the Paisley Print paper is from a set by Summer at Summertime Designs called Angel Mother. The lovely Medium Pink glitter paper comes from a set at Pixel Scrapper Digital Scrapbooking called Glitters by Dreamn4ever Designs - I think this set must be retired now, as I can't find it on the site. I've digitally added a brown border to both papers to give a faux mat and layer.
  • Image - this very sparkly one is called G3 Glitter Girl Superhero and she comes from the pen of Heather at Lacy Sunshine Stamps. I've brought her to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the listed colours before die cutting her using one of my Sizzix Framelits Ovals
    • Skin - FS2, FS3, FS6, EB5, DR7
    • Eyes - GB10 DG2, Blender Pen
    • Hair - GB8, GB10, EB5, EB8
    • Clothes - PP4, PP5, PP6, DG2, DG3, DG4, DR1, DR3, Silver Gel Pen, GB3, GB4
    • Bag and Boots - PP1, PP3, Silver Gel Pen
    • Glitter Cascade - Silver Gel Pen, White Glitter
  • Sentiment - is by my favourite sentiment designer, Paulette at Create with TLC and was diecut using a die from my Die'sire Essential Rectangles set. Some "bling" in opposing corners finished this off.
  • Ribbon and button - are from my stash and both came from separate "bargain grab bags" from Hobbycraft some time ago. I've attached the button to the bow by way of some silver thread from my (languishing) lacemaking stash!

I'm not 100% happy with this card (hence why I'm a bit late joining in with this week's challenge), but it's done now! I hope you'll come over to Incy Wincy Designs and check out the fabulous creations by my lovely teamies, and while you're there please give Judy (our newest teamie) a warm welcome. Then come back and show us your creations for Mom/Mum. This challenge closes on Sunday 10th May.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

If, like us, you're suffering with strong winds and heavy rain showers I hope you stay safe! And if you're celebrating Mother's Day this weekend, I hope you get spoilt by your loved ones!

Have a great week!

Hugs, Helen x

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Helen love the design
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah this is super, what a great card, Glad we got your brain working with our wee challenge on MAWTT, Thanks for playing this week, Love Hazel (Didos) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. a lovely make Helen - this is brilliant! hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card and I love the sentiment with this. So glad you shared it with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Thanks for joining us at Moving Along with the Times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great car - I love the sentiment!

    Thanks for joining us at Kitty Bee Designs - hope you can join us again tomorrow when our new challenge launches!

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehehehe, fab image Helen. I love her.
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty love the layout and the colouring. Thankyou for joining us over at Get Creative challenges for our 'Mothers day, female card' challenge, hope to see you again soon Lynda DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card. Love your sentiment and the details. Thanks for joining us at Melonheadz Friends.

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x