Friday 13 November 2015

Glittery Snowflakes

Well folks, we've made it! It's Friday again .... yippeeeeeeeee!!!!!

I've been on a First Aid course for the last 2 days, and this afternoon I was re-certified for another 3 years; great, because that means I can continue doing my job!!!!! ;o)

Earlier in the week, a challenge popped up in my blog feed, and in my mind's eye I could instantly see the card I wanted to make. Don't you just love it when that happens? And, as I'm now in full Christmas card mode (it being only 2 weeks until my Church's Christmas Fayre where I shall be selling my hand made cards to help raise funds for the Church) it's another Christmas card!



My card recipe is as follows:

  • Card base - premade card base in white, approx 14.8cm square
  • Background - a 13.8cm square of Sheena Douglass White Stamping Card which I embossed using a Christmas embossing folder that was a magazine freebie last year, I think! On the screen printed side of the folder where the design is, I used a pearlescent blue Brilliance Ink Pad to provide relief from the embossed design. I matted and layered this onto a square of black card
  • Snowflakes - are the largest and smallest flakes from the Festive Wonder - Snowflake Trio Die which are part of Sara's Signature Collection. I've die cut these from silver glitter card, which I've had for a while and can't remember where it came from ... ooops! I've "strung" the snowflaks around the sentiment using some clear stick on gems which came from one of the £1 shops.
  • Sentiment - is part of the set which came with last year's Winter Edition of the Crafter's Inspiration Magazine. I've stamped this into the centre of the oval using the same pearlescent blue Brilliance Ink Pad.
Here's a closer look at the sparkly snowflakes and pearly sentiment:



I've been inspired by and would like to take part in the following challenge:
  • PP270 - Black + White + Silver or Gold + One other Colour of your Choice at The Paper Players
I would also like to take part in the following challenge:
  • Challenge #45 - Christmas Sparkles at Digi Choosday - Second Entry
Hope you have a lovely evening and weekend!

Hugs, Helen x

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Helen, love the sparkly snowflakes!
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and sparkly! Thanks for joining our Christmas sparkle challenge at Digi Choosday. Julie, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a lovely Christmas card Helen and so perfect for our challenge, thanks for sharing with us at Digi Choosday in our Christmas Sparkle challenge.
    Aunty Sue DT

    ReplyDelete

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by leaving a comment on this blog you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and you therefore consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I read and appreciate every one!

Helen x