Good morning my crafty friends, and doesn't it feel like we need a bit of love in the world right now? My thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected by Friday night's atrocities in Paris, a city I love having lived there for 3 years as a girl.
It's new challenge time at Feeling Sketchy and we've got another lovely sketch for you this week. But before I reveal the sketch, I guess you'd like to know who is sponsoring this week's challenge?
It's the lovely Jodie and team from Bugaboo Digital Stamps who have very kindly offered the DT members their choice of digi from the store ... thank you! Don't forget that everyone's a winner with Freebie Fridays at Bugaboo - while you're there don't forget to check out all the wonderful digis that Jodie has ... there's bound to be one to suit every occasion!
Right then, here's this week's sketch as drawn by our talented teamie Michelle:
And here's my take on it, using some digis from Bugaboo Digital Stamps:
My card recipe is as follows:
- Card base - pre-made in white cardstock, approx 14.8cm square
- Papers - are from the April 2015 Crafter's Companion Club Inspire download called "Spring is Here". I have digitally created the papers layout, even adding shadows to the right sides and bottom of the yellow and checked layers to give a bit of depth.
- Images - are the Butterfly Live Laugh Love Trio by Jodie at Bugaboo Digital Stamps. I resized these so the fitted the checked paper strip and my die ;o), and then printed them out. I used my smallest Die'sire Essentials Circles die to cut these butterflies out, before I fixed them to my card.
- Flower - is made from the largest and middle sized dies in my Die'sire Essentials Flowers for all Occasions set and some deep red Core'dinations card and then I've added a clear to the centre of the flower.
- Butterfly - is the largest butterfly in the Die'sire Essentials Beautiful Butterflies die set (unfortunately I can't find this for sale any longer) which I cut from Snow White Centrua Pearl card. I edged the wings with my new Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen Inspired Violet (which is available as part of the Spring - Summer Sparkle Pack).
For more fabulous inspiration for this sketch, please head over to Feeling Sketchy and see what my incredibly talented teamies have created! Then come back and show us your creations following our sketch. Remember, you can flip or rotate the sketch, change the shapes ... we just need to be able to see that you've used our sketch!
I would like to enter my cards into the following challenges:
Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Hugs, Helen x