Good afternoon everyone, and I hope you haven't fallen off your chairs with another blog post from me!
Youngest Bambino was out last Saturday, helping one of her friends celebrate her 14th birthday - shopping in town (not a hardship for my Miss Fashionista I can assure you!), then back to the friend's house to get ready for their evening meal at TGI Friday's. Although Bambino had been thinking about the present since before Christmas, why was it that she left thinking about the card until Friday evening? And by Saturday morning, nothing in my "made" box was, apparently, suitable - pffffff muttered I!
Her friend loves dancing, so picking an image to use was easy, however I was totally bereft of any inspiration, so I turned to blogger and found a couple of challenges which inspired me to create this card:
My card recipe is as follows:
- Card base - is white cardstock, which I've cut, scored and folded to make a 12cm square card
- Layer - is my darkest blue Core'dinations Cardstock, which unfortunately appears to have been discontinued :o( I've cut the edge of this using a Die'sire Edgeables die called Lattice Flourish which was only available as a freebie with the Winter 2015 Crafter's Inspiration Magazine.
- Image - is by Wendy at All Dressed Up and she is called Love to Dance (I've used her without the sentiment that also comes with the image). This gorgeous dancer is, quite unashamedly, my favourite ADU image as I have used her a number of times now :o). I have brought this ballerina to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the listed colours, before Die cutting her using a Sizzix Framelits Ovals die.
- Skin - FS2, FS4, FS9, FS3, TN4, FS8, CR6
- Hair - TN2, EB2, EB6
- Dress & Hairband - TB3, TB4, TB6, Clear Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen
- Leggings & Shadow - IG1, IG2, IG3, Blender Pen
- Sentiment - is a downloadable freebie by my very generous blogging buddy Annette. I edged the border of the sentiment using my Spectrum Noir Pen in TB3 to tie it in with the image.
I'm not 100% happy with her skin on this image - for some reason it came out rather blotchy and the more I was trying to blend it out, the worse it became! Still, I have recently joined a couple of classes with Alyce over at Kit and Clowder and I can honestly say that some of my colouring is improving as I'm definitely thinking more about light and shade with my images.
I have been inspired by and would like to enter the following challenges:
- Challenge #156 at CAS Colours and Sketches - I've rotated and flipped your sketch, and see my die as being the two layers under the oval. The cut out part of the die is the darker border on your sketch, and the part between the punched holes is the white central portion of your sketch.
- Colour Week #326 - White, Light Blue, Dark Blue at Just us Girls
- Challenge 47 - Anything Goes and DT Call at All Dressed Up - I'm entering the DT call too with this card, so please wish me luck!
That's it from me for now - I've got a sheet full of images that I'm colouring in at the mo as I'm hoping to participate in a week long Birthday celebration at one of the challenge blogs I follow. Whatever you're doing, enjoy the rest of your day and stay warm and safe.
Hugs, Helen x