Hello folks - hope you're all well today!
After a bit of a fly around blogland and facebook, I see that there's a bit of the white stuff around. Please send some down to us as the bambinos and I love it, though PapaMia isn't sooooo keen :o)
I'm sharing a non-DT card today. A good friend asked me if I could make her a cowboy themed card for her Dad's upcoming 70th birthday. Well, here's the result:
I am sooooo happy with this card and, more's to the point, so was my friend - hope her Dad likes it ;o)
My card recipe is as follows:
- Card base - is pre-made in white cardstock and is about 14.8cm square
- Papers - are from a now retired kit by Summer at Summertime Designs called Freedom Ain't Free. My base paper layer is called Blue Plaid and the vertical panel is Stars and Stitches. A bit of trawling around t'internet shows that Summer has actually taken down her blog and freebies ... so I can't point you in the right direction for them :o(
- Image - is called Adorable Cowgirl by Veronica and Pedro at The Paper Shelter. I was lucky enough last year to win a gift certificate to their store as part of a challenge win, and this was one of the images I chose. As usual with The Paper Shelter images, this cutie comes both coloured and outlined together with a background paper and (for those who really need a great card in a hurry) a composition which is the image already mounted on the paper for "Print and Go"! I've used the outline image on this card, and brought this girl to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the listed colours before cutting her out using my second largest Sizzix Framelits Ovals die:
- Skin - FS2, FS4, FS9, FS3, TN4, FS8, CR6
- Eyes - DG1, DG2, DG4
- Hair - TN2, EB2, EB6
- Dress & Band on Hat - TB3, TB6, TB8
- Hat & Belt - EB1, WB2, EB3, EB5
- Hair Band, Neck Tie & Waistcoat - DR1, DR3, DR6
- Sentiment - is by Debbie at The Crafty Pad and comes from her Happy Birthday Sentiments set. Now I must confess that I've tweaked the sentiment just a bit as I separated the word "Dad" so I could lower it in the circular frame, and then added the "70th" using the word art function in my word processing package as this was the sentiment that had been requested. I hope Debbie doesn't mind me doing this ..... !
- Twine - is from my stash, and I've continued the cowboy theme by tying the twine into a Half Hitch, which is the knot a cowboy might use to tie up his horse!
- Distress Ink - in Faded Jeans (OK, so I'm still continuing on the cowboy theme!) was used to distress the edges of both paper layers (I wanted to add definition without bulk as this card is being posted) and also the edges of the image and sentiment.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Challenge #334 at Tuesday Morning Sketches
- Challenge #231 - Shades of Blue at The Paper Shelter
- Challenge #141 - Male Cards at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge
I hope you have a great weekend and stay safe in the cold weather!
Hugs, Helen x