Hello all! Hope this post finds everyone well, and gentle hugs winging their way round for anyone who's in need.
How did everyone fare with the weather over this weekend? We were on the very bottom edge of a forecast snow belt which was drifting through overnight on Saturday but, by the time we got up on Sunday it was a cold, miserable and grey day :o(
It's new challenge time at Incy Wincy Designs (don't forget we're now bringing you challenges on the first and third Mondays of each month) but before I get to our new challenge, we've got another new DT member to welcome. So, join in with a big hello to Catherine .... (waves wildly!!!!!!). Our challenge this time is Tic Tac Toe (or Bingo).
I think our excellent team leader Chris has out-done herself this week with our sponsors ... we're bringing you not one, not two but three fabby companies, which means 3 chances to win!!!!!!!!!
Our first sponsor is Craft Classes Online who are offering a prize of 1 Virtual Seat in a Class.
Our second sponsor is Di from Di's Digis who is offering a $12 voucher to Di's DigiStamps.
And our third sponsor is Jodie from Bugaboo Digi Stamps who is offering our lucky winner 7 free digis.
To read more about our wonderful sponsors, please head over to Incy Wincy Designs.
Now, here's your Tic Tac Toe board, and to play along you need to have any row, column or diagonal - don't forget to tell us in your post which line and 3 items you're claiming!
And here's my inspiration for you using an image from Bugaboo Digi Stamps. I'm claiming the diagonal line from the bottom left hand corner up to the top right hand corner of Flower, Red, Rhinestone:
My card recipe is as follows:
- Card Base - is Kraft Card which I've cut, scored and folded to make a 9cm x 11cm card with the fold at the top. I've used a sample sized Textures Woodgrain embossing folder (similar to this one) which came as a freebie with Crafter's Inspiration Magazine Issue 7 to give some detail to the card base, and then distressed this using Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
- Image - is called Make it Snappy - Thanks a Bunch by Jodie at Bugaboo Digi Stamps. This image is very versatile as it comes with the sentiment Thanks a bunch and without as I'm showcasing here. To bring this bunch of flowers to life, I've used my Spectrum Noir Pens in the listed colours before fussy cutting around the frame and foliage, and then mounting it on my card base.
- Petals - CR11, DR1, DR3, DR5
- Centres - EB1, EB3, EB5, True Black
- Foliage - DG2, DG3, DG4
- Outline - IB1
- Clouds - Light Blue Craf-T Chalk following this tutorial by my blogging bluddy Annette
- Frame - Clear Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen
- Sentiment - is from a set which came as a freebie with Crafter's Inspiration Magazine Issue 7 and I have inked this with Walnut Stain Distress Ink
- Gems - are from my stash
I hope you'll come over and play Tic Tac Toe with us at Incy Wincy Designs and whilst you're there please stop by to welcome our new teamies this year Greg and Catherine. Also, don't forget to check out the other fantastic creations by my teamies. We'll be back on Monday 1st February with our next challenge.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenge:
- January Challenge - Anything Goes at Spectrum Noir Facebook Page
That's it from me for the moment - take care everyone!
Hugs, Helen x