Good morning friends and welcome to another week, here on Planet Earth!
Can you believe that tomorrow is the Summer Solstice, and that from Wednesday the evenings will be drawing in! It doesn't even feel like we've had summer yet ... just a couple of really nice days, and then the rain set in again. Our garden's gone completely to pot as everything that usually flowers through late spring into summer seems to have already peaked, and has now gone to seed - I'm sure it's to do with the weather!
Anyway, it's new challenge time over at Incy Wincy Designs and this time we would like you to enter your projects that feature Buttons and Bows.
This week we have another new sponsor, and it's Elena from Just Me Digital Stamps who is offering this week's lucky winner a prize pack. Elena also very kindly gave each DT member their choice of image to showcase from her store so, without further ado, here is my card for you:
My card recipe is as follows:
- Card Base - is a template by Sandra at Sandra's Scrapshop and it is #91 - Bow Card Template. I had seen this template on Jo's Blog and couldn't resist getting it for myself! After paying for the template, Sandra sent me all the .PDF files I needed to make this card. I printed the sections that needed to be on cardstock onto lightweight printer card, and then edge distressed them all with Mustard Seed Distress Ink.
- Design Papers - are from the Rachelle Anne Miller Papercrafting Collection CD-Rom. The pretty hearts paper is on Disc 1 - Kids at Play and the lightly checked paper is on Disc 2 - Animal Adventures. Once my DP templates were printed, I ran these through my printer again to get the coloured DP onto each template. A slick of Mustard Seed Distress Ink round all the edges and I was ready to assemble the card!
- Image - is the gorgeous Brand New Baby digi by Elena at Just Me Digital Stamps. This digi comes with the words "Brand New", "Boy", and "Girl" ready to stick onto the label. However, I've left mine blank for now as our neighbours are expecting the patter of tiny feet later in the year, hence the gender neutral card. I've brought this little bundle to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the listed colours before paper piecing the sling with the hearts paper and then fussy cutting it out.
- Baby's Skin - FS2, FS4, FS3, FS9, TN4, FS8
- Baby's Hair - LY2, LY1, LY3
- Baby's Sleepsuit & Bow - CR3, CR1
- Inside Sling - LG1, LG3, LG5
- Buttons - are from my stash
So, with 3 bows (2 making up the card and 1 on my image) and 2 buttons on my project, I think I've met the Buttons and Bows challenge! Please head over to Incy Wincy Designs and see the beautiful projects by my clever teamies, and make sure they've got both elements covered too! :o) !!!!! Then come back and show us your creations - we'll be back with our next challenge on 4th July 2016.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Challenge #74 - Baby at Kitty Bee Designs
- Challenge #264 - Anything Goes with Layer it Up at One Stitch at a Time
- Shaped Cards at Sweet Stampin'
- Challenge #111 - Use Buttons or Bows at Simply Create Too
- Challenge #309 - Shaped Cards at Fab 'n' Funky Challenges
Hope you have a great week!
Hugs, Helen x