Good afternoon my crafty friends - hope you are well and are nearly prepared for the Big Day on Sunday. No? Nor me, having been thrown a flanker by some of the stores I thought would be open for late night shopping last night and they in fact closed earlier than I had thought. So here we are on 22nd December, and I still have a few presents to buy - eeeeeek!
It's the second half of the blog team's turn to showcase this month's New Release images at All Dressed Up and this time Wendy has some fabulous wintery images perfect for your December crafting! I've been lucky enough to have a go with Merry and Bright and here's my card for you:
My card recipe is as follows:
- Card base - is Centura Pearl Ivory which I have cut, scored and folded to make a 14 x 15 cm card base
- Paper - is from the CD-Rom which came with the Winter 2015 issue of Crafter's Inspiration magazine. It's a shaped card from the Romany Christmas part of the CD and I've given it a bit of a digital "makeover" to have the hessian background on the right hand side of the tree and less on the left
- Image - is Merry and Bright by Wendy, the artist behind All Dressed Up Digital Stamps. I have brought this girl enjoying a Christmassy evening to life using my Spectrum Noir Pens in the listed colours, before die cutting her using my largest Sizzix Oval Die and working out which bit of the tree to cut so I could layer it on top of my die cut. Once adhered in place, I then trimmed the bottom and side edges of the die cut to match the edge of the paper.
- Skin - FS2, FS3, FS4, TN4, FS8 (Blush)
- Hair - CT1, CT4, GB3, GB7
- Hairband - CR9, CT4, TN3, TN8
- T-shirt - IG1, IG2, CR9
- Trousers - BG1, BG3, BG5, Blender Pen
- Glass - GB2
- Presents - EB1, EB2, PL1, PL2, PL4, PL5
- Grounding - IG1
- Outline - BT1
- Gems - from my stash completed the garlands on the tree
I hope I have inspired you to treat yourself to a new image or two, but if you are need of further inspiration, please head over to the Challenge Blog and see what the other Dressy Girls have done with these fab images.
Don't forget that we have a new Blog Challenge running until 15th January 2017 and it's always Anything Goes with an All Dressed Up Image, and the Facebook Dressy's have their Challenge running until 31st December and their topic is Sparkle!
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- 'Twas the Night Before Christmas at CD Sunday - if only I looked this cool and organised on Christmas Eve!!!!!!!!!
- Challenge #146 - Christmas at Dream Valley Challenges
- Time for Christmas at Melonheadz Friends
- Christmas/Winter Holidays at Whoopsi Daisy
- Anything Christmas Goes December at Jingle Belles
- Challenge #184 - Anything Christmas Goes at A Gem of a Challenge
- Challenge #72 - Get your Christmas On at Crafting with Dragonflies
Hope you find some time to join us over the festive period!