I've made another Birthday card this week, this time for the Receptionist at work who is celebrating her 50th Birthday on Sunday. I've done another Swing or Flip Flop card ... I just love this style ... and this one is a really bold colour scheme!
My card recipe is as follows:
- Base Card - Centura Pearl 300gsm card. This one came from a local store, however Crafter's Companion have the shade Blackcurrant (which is fractionally darker than this) in the Dark Card Pack
- Design Paper and both sentiments are by Create With TLC. The design paper is called Purple Passion Val Paper 7 - both it and the word art montage on the rear of the card were goodies in the current February Club. I tweaked the word art montage slightly by exporting the graphic into my normal word processing program and adding the purple 50 next to the "TH" to make 50th! I hope Paulette doesn't mind! I think the sentiment on the front of the card was offered on a blog as a Challenge Freebie.
- Image is called Nanny Queen and she is, unfortunately, a now retired digi from Kelley Kids, who are no longer operating. However, I think she is a real cutie and I used my Spectrum Noir Pens to bring her to life, together with a silver gel pen for her necklace and tiara to add some sparkle. I added 3 bits of silver bling to the points of the tiara, just to add a further accent. She is, after all, a girl who is going out somewhere! :o)
- Ribbon, bow and flower - black organdie ribbon from my stash. I made the flower and used a small purple bead as the centre of the flower.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Birthday Challenge at Catch the Bug
- New Year Sparkle - use glitter and gems at The Crafty Pad
- Challenge #147 - Texture Please! at Stamptacular Sunday - my textures are a visible texture to my design paper, organdie ribbon (bow and flower), gems, bead
- Challenge 129 - Bold and Bright at Incy Wincy Designs
- Challenge #52 - Bows at Ladybug Crafts
- Buttons, Bows, Bling and Blooms at Papertake Weekly - any combination of these, so I've used a bow, some bling and a flower
- What's your favourite Colour Combo! at My Mum's Craft Shop Challenges - has to be purples and adding black to it is just a classic look!
- Challenge #104 - Bingo at Fab 'n' Funky Challenges - my line is the top row of Handmade Embellishment (Flower and Bow), Digi Image, 2 Different Papers (I've taken a slight liberty here because the Centura Pearl card is so pretty I just can't cover it up! So, I'm using this as one of my papers with the other being the purple paper behind my image ... hope this is OK ladies!)
- Celebrations at Joanna Sheen Challenge Blog
- Monthly Contest - Birthday Projects at The Stamping Boutique