Good morning friends and hope you are well. A rather belated but still a very warm welcome to Robyn who is my newest follower ... sit back and I hope you enjoy the crafting ride!!!!!
I'm a tad late posting with the start of a new challenge at Whoopsi Daisy - I hurt my back over the weekend and it's only just eased up enough to be able to sit for a length of time and craft/blog! Anyway, back to the challenge! Our theme this week is For a Special Lady/Mother's Day. Here in the UK, we've already celebrated Mothering Sunday, so I've gone with the theme of "For a Special Lady".
As usual, our lovely "boss" Linnie is offering our lucky prize winner one sheet of images from the Whoopsi Daisy Store, unless you've used a Whoopsi Daisy Image for your project in which case you can choose two sheets of images. Linnie has also let us all loose in her store again, and allowed us our choice of image for this challenge.
Before I show you my project for this week, I'd like to explain a little about why I've created this project and why the recipient is so special:
Karen is a colleague at school and a Breast Cancer Survivor. Late last year, Karen underwent surgery and was found to have secondary Breast Cancer. She has been receiving treatment for this and is determined to kick the big C into touch once more. She is fund-raising like mad for several Cancer Charities here in the UK and her biggest project is to hold a "50 Shades of Pink" Grand Ball in the autumn to raise at least £1000 for Breakthrough Breast Cancer UK, to help fund research into a cure for this dreadful disease.
Of course, my brain went into overdrive (I really wish it would sometimes consult me first :o)!!!!!) ... and this is the result, something that Karen can use for tickets, menus, advertising etc.:
My project recipe is as follows:
- Base Card - made from Centura Pearl in Fuschia (mine came in a pack called Brights from Crafter's Companion which doesn't appear to be available at the moment) which I cut to A6 in size (10.6cm x 14.8cm)
- Image - this glamorous girl is from Sheet 448 and is one of Linnie's newer creations ... I call them the "Misses" as the images are of older girls/ladies. As with a number of Linnie's newest sheets, this sheet comes with 2 different images, and both come coloured (great if you need a quick card) or as a line drawing if you want to take time over your project. I brought this Belle of the Ball to to life using mySpectrum Noir Pens in the following colours:
- Skin - FS2, FS3, BP1
- Hair - GB8, GB10
- Dress - IG1, BP1, Colourless Blender
- Stole - BP5, BP6, BP7
- Jewellery - Silver Gel Pen
- Outline - BT1
- Sentiment Tickets and Pink Ribbon - are by Debbie from The Crafty Pad Designs (her designs are available from Card Making Downloads) and these were freebies from the challenge blog last year in support of our Crafty Pad teamie Dawn who, at that time, was doing her own fundraisers for Breakthrough BreastCancer. I digitally set out the sentiment tickets around the edge of the card before inserting the rest of the wording, which was computer generated. The ribbon using my Spectrum Noir Pens in shades BP5 and BP6 before being affixed to the card.
Both Linnie and Debbie have very kindly given their generous and full permission for their images to be used on this layout for the fundraising, and I can't thank them enough for their support.
Ladies - you're truly wonderful ... x x x mwah x x x
Do come over to Whoopsi Daisy Challenge and have a look at the stunning creations that some of the Divas have made for For a Special Lady/Mother's Day. Then come back and show us your creations - this challenge closes on Sunday 12th May. And don't forget, as usual, if you use a Whoopsi Daisy image then you don't have to follow this week's theme!!!
I would like to enter this project into the following challenges:
- Challenge #66 - A Very Special Occasion at Fairy Tale Challenge
- Girly Girl at Jellypark Challenge - Second Entry
- Support Your Favourite Charity at Sweet Pea Stampers
- Challenge #7 - Monochrome at Lacy Sunshine Challenge
- Challenge #40 - Monotone at Artistic Inspiration
- Challenge #64 - For Mom or Special Lady at Love to Create Challenge
- IIC#108 - Mother's Day / For a Lady at Inky Impressions
Hope you have a great week.
Hugs, Helen x